Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducting

Options
  • 02-10-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi, I had an order for FTTH cancelled a month or 2 ago as the installers couldn't find where the telephone lines went into the house.   The same happened a neighbor of mine, but he was then contacted to say that Eir could organize the digging of trench and bringing the fibre into the house for a fee of €250, or it could be spread over a number of bills (think it was roughly 18.50 per bill).  Is this service available?  Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Chieftain wrote: »
     Hi, I had an order for FTTH cancelled a month or 2 ago as the installers couldn't find where the telephone lines went into the house.   The same happened a neighbor of mine, but he was then contacted to say that Eir could organize the digging of trench and bringing the fibre into the house for a fee of €250, or it could be spread over a number of bills (think it was roughly 18.50 per bill).  Is this service available?  Thanks
    Hi Chieftain,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues getting this service installed. I'm afraid this isn't something that we could arrange. If the issue that is preventing this service being installed is with your ducting, you would need to hire your own technician to arrange this. If you'd like me to check on this for you to confirm that it is a ducting issue, I'll be happy to check on it for you if you send me your account number and full name in a PM.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Chieftain,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues getting this service installed. I'm afraid this isn't something that we could arrange. If the issue that is preventing this service being installed is with your ducting, you would need to hire your own technician to arrange this. If you'd like me to check on this for you to confirm that it is a ducting issue, I'll be happy to check on it for you if you send me your account number and full name in a PM.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me.   I have definitely heard of this from a couple of different people - what suggested it was Eir offering it was that it was possible to spread the cost over a number of bills.   Any chance of checking further on it for me.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Chieftain,

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me.   I have definitely heard of this from a couple of different people - what suggested it was Eir offering it was that it was possible to spread the cost over a number of bills.   Any chance of checking further on it for me.

Thanks
    You're welcome.

Unfortunately, we don't arrange this as our technicians do not carry out ducting work at a home before installing a line. You would need to get this done by a third party before the technician goes out to activate your services.

Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

Advertisement