Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire shut off valve?

Options
  • 02-10-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

hello all - I know this is a fire shut off valve but just wondering what this black cap is for? what does it do? - I have only ever seen the fire valves where they are built into the boiler module above the burner and with the 'meltable' copper bit that shuts off the valve/tap for the kerosene if there is a fire. Havent seen a fire valve like this one before

22154609_10213332127111520_141267367534616934_n.jpg?oh=8b1c3f055daa492470f3d8f9c90584d2&oe=5A4001D5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭jimf

that's a remote acting fire valve

in the event of a trip be it nuisance or heat related the valve can be reset with that little black button

andy they are also a sealed unit so you cant tare the bejaysus out of them to see how they work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Thanks Jim, you are ever so kind, you always reply to my messages about plumbing and heating --- its like your the only plumber and heating engineer on here :D

ah right so i dont have to do anything with that black knob( ;) ) unless it ever trips - thats good

cheers

your welcome andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

The valve is incorrect.its the wrong type.It also should have been fitted better.the black reset button should be underneath the firevalve.
    Jimt must have been out late last night

I noticed all those issues agusta

but I knew you needed to whinge about something so I said nathin

now stay on board because knowing andy I can feel fifty questions are on the way

OH AND BY THE WAY MY USER NAME IS JIMF NOT JIMT ID SAY YOU COULD HAVE GOT PERMISSION FROM THE TIPPERARY WOMAN TO GO FOR A FEW URSELF

• Advertisement

Sorry for getting ur name wrong jimf, ur sensitive today,late night....

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

jimf wrote: »
    I noticed all those issues agusta

but I knew you needed to whinge about something so I said nathin

now stay on board because knowing andy I can feel fifty questions are on the way

OH AND BY THE WAY MY USER NAME IS JIMF NOT JIMT ID SAY YOU COULD HAVE GOT PERMISSION FROM THE TIPPERARY WOMAN TO GO FOR A FEW URSELF
    Whos Jimt ?
    agusta mentioned Jimd
    Jimf is a fcuuken weird name anyway, why can't it be normal like the rest of us ?

agusta wrote: »
    The valve is incorrect.its the wrong type.It also should have been fitted better.the black reset button should be underneath the firevalve.
    Jimt must have been out late last night

out of curiosity (cause thats me all over :) ) - why you say its incorrect and the wrong type?

come on agusta mr smart arse tell the man

nice to see your back to normal jim
    The fire valve should be a c 65 degrees for an oil boiler. c 90 degrees is for a cooker.
    The black reset button should be underneath the fire valve facing the ground or at the maximum 45 degrees to horizontal but still facing the ground [ mi ]

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »
    nice to see your back to normal jim
    The fire valve should be a c 65 degrees for an oil boiler. c 90 degrees is for a cooker.
    The black reset button should be underneath the fire valve facing the ground or at the maximum 45 degrees to horizontal but still facing the ground [ mi ]

thanks

Advertisement