Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey Street/Castle street

Options
  • 02-10-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Abbey Street/Castle street junction

With the recent water works, drivers were allowed drive from Abbey street directly into castle street.

I notice this trend has continued even after the water works have long been completed on Teeling street.

Has the rule changed permanently or are drivers just ignoring the road signs anyway?
    (Dangerous for pedestrians crossing on castle street as drivers are speeding up from Abbey street to get across the junction & into castle street asap)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

People have been ignoring those signs for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

El Weirdo wrote: »
    People have been ignoring those signs for as long as I can remember.

Well a lot more going straight now, compared to before the works started, so maybe the restrictions have been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The signs are no longer there saying you can't do it, so there's no reason not to if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

TBH, dont drive that way to often, as always found it slightly more to negotiate, and see what traffic was coming up Thomas Street due to the building/road layout. Even remember my driving instructor suggesting to use the reflections from all the glass on the ESB building, as an additional guide to try and see approaching traffic. Also since the restrictions have appeared to be lifted, and new road markings, traffic appears to exit from it quicker. At least with Picklington Terrace/St Brigids Place a little further up, the junction is traffic light controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Maybe with O'Connell Street closed there is a 'blind eye' view of it as I've now seen cars crossing straight over in front of the squad car with no action taken.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

The signs are no longer there saying you can't do it, so there's no reason not to if you ask me
    The sign is on the right now not on the left also only turn left marked on road.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

loki7777 wrote: »
    The sign is on the right now not on the left also only turn left marked on road.

That sign on right is for one way on Bridge st (from Teeling st direction), just been twisted due to scaffolding.

For Abbey street traffic there is only sign for no right turn, but there is also still the road markings that say "left turn only"

Advertisement