Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market / Shop that sells expiring fruit & veg

Options
  • 02-10-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I once heard of a market or store that sells fruit and veg that's approaching its best before date (i.e. the stuff that supermarkets can't really offload). But of course, I told someone about it (as they don't let fruit and veg go to waste) and can't find anything about it since!

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm talking about or did I dream it after eating some carrots that looked worse for wear (after those bits were hacked off, of course)? :D

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You'll get your spotty bananas on Moore Street :D More likely at the end of the day/Saturday evening.

Also try St. Kevin's Mart opposite Kevin Street Garda Station, they sell all sorts of almost past their best before or long past their best before date items, though I've mostly noticed the likes of biscuits, soup mixes, chocolates, etc. rather than fruit & veg but worth a look. You are also likely to get random 'free' items depending on what you buy. http://www.dailyedge.ie/st-kevins-mart-dublin-3226788-Feb2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP I think its called Tesco

Advertisement