Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer to the wrong name on account

• 02-10-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

folks,

I was supposed to receive a bank transfer today but found out that the sender put the wrong name on the account. IBAN is correct.

My bank told me that if the IBAN is correct I should receive the money regardless of the name but still not seeing the amount lodged on the account.

I got another bank transfer from the same bank but different person this morning already.

So why the delay?any thoughts? thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Most likely the amount is in a suspense account and someone needs to manually go in and release it. Give it a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Most likely the amount is in a suspense account and someone needs to manually go in and release it. Give it a day or two.

ya, it arrived today...thank you!

Advertisement