Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection - Maynooth

Options
  • 02-10-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are moving to Maynooth and need to set up with a refuse collection company.

What's the best one out there? I've no clue

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thorntons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I use Panda, have been with them for a few years (they were Mahons before) for a few reasons:

Price, equally as good as the others.

Service, never had an issue with them, customer service has been good.

Time, they come in the mid morning, somewhere around 10/11am other companies arrive really early and could wake neighbours.

They put the bin back where they got it, don't just abandon it on the road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We are with AES no issues so far.
    We were with THorntons but they were so rude and their customer service so bad we had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

with AES too, no complaints. 4 bins - general, recycling, glass and compost. nice and easy to use online portal as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I too will be moving back and in need of a bin company. And i know i'm being lazy here but are all companies now - pay by weight/pay by pick up? There will be only 2 of us and we recycle/compost as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

lordgoat wrote: »
    I too will be moving back and in need of a bin company. And i know i'm being lazy here but are all companies now - pay by weight/pay by pick up? There will be only 2 of us and we recycle/compost as much as possible.

Like the poster above, we too use Panda. There are only two of us and the fact that Panda only charge us per collection with no fixed annual charge is the best deal for us.

We pay €11.20 for general waste and €3.80 for recycling. In total we pay about €200.00 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I find Thorntons grand, and easy to deal with via e-mail at least.

€50 annual charge and €9.90 per lift. Recycling bin is free, and we just bring bottles to the bottle bank. Cost €191 in the past year, they also give you 3% for topping up your account online, so the actual cost =~ €185. There are three of us, on average the main bin goes out once a month and the recycling every two weeks. Edit: they also provide an organic bin which we don't use.

They do a refer a friend scheme too, €25 top up for the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We're with Thorntons, never had any issues with them. Think it was about 220 for the year, I just pay off 20 per month. Black bin and green bin collected on alternate weeks and brown bin every two weeks too

Advertisement