Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for van as private vehicle

• 02-10-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

My insurance is up for renewal this month and I have just got a thumper of a quote from FBD. I'm shopping around, filling out lengthy online forms, only to be told that companies won't insure a commercial vehicle.
    I use the van privately. It's taxed privately and I don't need it for my job at all. I have it because it makes sense for me. It's a Renault Kangoo, 2008.
    Can anybody save me some time and tell me which companies apart from FBD might insure me?
    I'm a lady, late thirties.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 El lugo

Well how are was just having a look at your post. I was wondering did you have any sucess in getting the insurance on your private van ? I have used insure my van with patrona under writing it

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Hi!
    I got it sorted with Allianz, for €300 less than bad old FBD was charging.

Advertisement