Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G 250 Broadband plan etc

Options
  • 02-10-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been trying to speak to someone in Eir who can advise on the 4G 250gb plan today without any luck. So far I've been told that 4G is a fibre plan and the it's how speed is measured over fibre? Is this a mobile broadband plan or a 4G plan?

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/eir_home_broadband_4g_250gb_offer_terms.pdf

If it is a mobile plan I'd like to switch from a meter 50gb plan to the Eir 250gb plan. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Separately I attempted to have the following resolved to no avail in previous calls:

I am out of contract on my Eir bill phone on the 11 Oct and have been told i cant give notice until the contract is up? I dont think that could be correct.  However I only want to switch to a sim only plan not actually cancel the account when it's up or tie it in to the 250Gb offer above if that makes more sense on costs.

I also tried to move my meteor numbers to eir to make it easier to log in and see them on the same screen, i was told this would mean starting off a new 18 month contract? 

I'm on the phone to customer service over 45 mins again today (mostly on hold) and being sent from one area to another, none of which seem to have clue and just want to pass me to another area. The service so far has been terrible in compared to dealing with meteor which i cant understand as I'd imagine a lot of the same people work there. I cant honestly tell anyone I know that I would recommend becoming an eir customer unless they have no other choice.

I do not have a land line btw so broadband is not an option via fibre. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

So after spending 1 hour 17 mins on the phone and talking to 5 people on the 5th person in the loyalty dept. as i was giving my address they hung up on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

pawrick wrote: »
    So after spending 1 hour 17 mins on the phone and talking to 5 people on the 5th person in the loyalty dept. as i was giving my address they hung up on me!
    Hi pawrick, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with ourselves, apologies for the delays in getting through to the loyalty team. I understand this is frustrating. Feel free to PM me your account details and I look into these issues for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi pawrick, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with ourselves, apologies for the delays in getting through to the loyalty team. I understand this is frustrating. Feel free to PM me your account details and I look into these issues for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey, thank you for responding, I have sent on my details. 
    Please note I am unable to have a fixed line installed and previously went through the planning process with Eir on this matter in 2013/14 before Eir cancelled it's attempts due to planning issues, I was only recently made aware of the 250Gb plan on boards by another person as an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi pawrick, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey, thank you for responding, I have sent on my details. 
    Please note I am unable to have a fixed line installed and previously went through the planning process with Eir on this matter in 2013/14 before Eir cancelled it's attempts due to planning issues, I was only recently made aware of the 250Gb plan on boards by another person as an alternative.
    Ok no problem at all. 

I'll come back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your pm reply to clear up my many questions.

To prevent other people being sent on a wild goose chase I’ve copied part of your reply regarding the wireless 250Gb plan:

“I've also looked into the 250GB mobile broadband plan and unfortunately, this package is not available. You are on the highest service with mobile broadband at present - the 50GB.”

Please note the 250Gb plan it is appearing on the Eir website with the following details and perhaps this should be updated / removed to show this offer is no longer available to avoid customer confusion and people being told this is available to customers who are unable to access eir fixed line services.

“Period of offer availability: from 6 th of April 2016 until withdrawn by eir (“Offer Period”)”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Customers who are unable to access eir fixed line services should be given unlimited plan, not 250G / month

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

That's very true, it should be unlimited, I have the 100gb one and with a family we really have to scrimp and scrape on it.

Three gives 250G plans and rural wifi gives unlimited, if you buy omni 3G/4G LTE Outdoor Antenna, you get better coverage.

Vodafone give 150G/ month for 45 Euro, they normally have good coverage, if you open two accounts with them, if coverage is good you will have 300G/ month of fast broadband

thanks for the heads up but I finally managed to get sorted today.

Another hour on the phone to eir and finally found someone who was familiar with the 250 GB plan, I've signed up to it today for 60 euro pm.

so to sum up eir does offer the 250 GB plan, it's on a 12 month contract but seems to be only where a fixed line is unavailable.

Vodafone offering is over 18 months 

Another option is with three if you have good reception on a payg phone sim use it in a mobile router 

• Advertisement

Another hour on the phone to eir and finally found someone who was familiar with the 250 GB plan, I've signed up to it today for 60 euro pm.

so to sum up eir does offer the 250 GB plan, it's on a 12 month contract but seems to be only where a fixed line is unavailable.

Another option is with thee if you have good reception on a payg phone sim use it in a mobile router 
    Good News
    Just question
    What happens if you exceed 250 G
    Vodafone will cut you off
    Three will charge  you 80 Euro and then they cut you off "probably they feel bad if they don't get their pound of flesh"
    I don't know what eir will do. I discussed that over chat and they say: 2 Euro per 1 G, if you forget and download 500G that is a thousand Euro. they said you get txt warning at 70% and 90% of usage, but I don't feel comfortable with that, especially if the txt goes to your router.

I asked them about using PAYG sim in a mobile router and they say they will cut off the the service for that sim card.

Ultimanemo wrote: »

Another option is with thee if you have good reception on a payg phone sim use it in a mobile router 
    Good News
    Just question
    What happens if you exceed 250 G
    Vodafone will cut you off
    Three will charge  you 80 Euro and then they cut you off "probably they feel bad if they don't get their pound of flesh"
    I don't know what eir will do. I discussed that over chat and they say: 2 Euro per 1 G, if you forget and download 500G that is a thousand Euro. they said you get txt warning at 70% and 90% of usage, but I don't feel comfortable with that, especially if the txt goes to your router.

I asked them about using PAYG sim in a mobile router and they say they will cut off the the service for that sim card.
    i think they have high charges per mb exceeded going by some other posts here, I already have an old plan with meteor and the warning text goes to the router number but I'm careful not to exceed the limits. 

I've been trying out a payg three sim in an unlocked dongle for the past month - 60 Gb for 20 euro, not sure how they could charge extra unless you have it set up as a direct debit.

Advertisement