Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations Carlow/KK

Options
  • 02-10-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi everyone,
    I'm in Carlow, don't even have a GP yet, 6 weeks today! first pregnancy, a mixture of fear & excitement. I'm from the UK originally. Looking for recommendations as to where Carlow ladies have their babies? Kilkenny? Dublin? Thinking of going privately. Also a nice female GP in Carlow/Kilkenny.
    Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You mght already have decided and got sorted but just incase! I'm in Carlow. I had my baby in Kilkenny last year, I found their care excellant and would not hesitate to give birth there again if I have another baby. There is an antenatal clinic in Carlow too so that was handy as I didnt have to travel far for any appointments. The only thing is they don't do an anomoly scan at 20 weeks. I would def pay private to get one if I have another. I didn't realise how important they are on my 1st pregancy. They can be very busy though but I was never there for a ridiculous amount of time.
    When I had my baby the hospital was extremely busy at the time but I still found the midwives brilliant and they helped me alot with breastfeeding. I had an extremely straight forward pregnancy and birth though. Obviously I can't compare with any other hospitals as only have the 1 baby!
    Not sure on GP's, I know there is a female GP practice in Shamrock Plaza that I have heard are good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brooklyn2011

You mght already have decided and got sorted but just incase! I'm in Carlow. I had my baby in Kilkenny last year, I found their care excellant and would not hesitate to give birth there again if I have another baby. There is an antenatal clinic in Carlow too so that was handy as I didnt have to travel far for any appointments. The only thing is they don't do an anomoly scan at 20 weeks. I would def pay private to get one if I have another. I didn't realise how important they are on my 1st pregancy. They can be very busy though but I was never there for a ridiculous amount of time.
    When I had my baby the hospital was extremely busy at the time but I still found the midwives brilliant and they helped me alot with breastfeeding. I had an extremely straight forward pregnancy and birth though. Obviously I can't compare with any other hospitals as only have the 1 baby!
    Not sure on GP's, I know there is a female GP practice in Shamrock Plaza that I have heard are good!

**Edit- just saw you might go private I was public so my experience was probably slightly different to private care!

Advertisement