Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving car in hotel car park

• 02-10-2017 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I’m getting bus go Dublin airport from castletroy tommorow morning. I don’t feel like asking my parents to drop me into limerick. Do yah think my car would be fine if I left it for two nights in kilmurry lodge hotel for two nights? Or even castletroy shopping centre car park .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Personally I wouldn't but if I was to pick one, it would be the hotel. Best to check if the car parks are monitored by clamping companies etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aneron

They are usually clamping in these areas. But Castletroy is usually a safe spot in general, so if you find a place where parking is free, you could drop the car there for two days... the most important thing is to not to post the location here :rolleyes:

Don't you know anyone in Limerick who you can ask to use their driveway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Why not park at the train station and get the bus from Arthurs Quay to Dublin Airport ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id park it in UL for 3 euro and get the green bus from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You wouldn't be the first one to try it, and you wouldn't be the first one to have the car towed away.

Pro-tip: The storage costs per day are more expensive than the parking costs per day.

Dublin Coach/Green Bus and Eireagle deliberately do parking deals to cater for what you need, because people have tried parking in UL and also in the Vincent's centre for disabilities in Annacotty. When the load factors were low 2 years ago you could risk it for a biscuit, but trust me son it will not work out well for you now. Don't chance it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kilmurray lodge is fine for 2 nights. I park every so often in annacotty village and walk up the hill and catch the bus. No issues. Its only 2 nights , either location is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Berty wrote: »
    Kilmurray lodge is fine for 2 nights. I park every so often in annacotty village and walk up the hill and catch the bus. No issues. Its only 2 nights , either location is fine.

This must have been a while ago as there is a twice daily patrol now checking on the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Backpack20 wrote: »
    I’m getting bus go Dublin airport from castletroy tommorow morning. I don’t feel like asking my parents to drop me into limerick. Do yah think my car would be fine if I left it for two nights in kilmurry lodge hotel for two nights? Or even castletroy shopping centre car park .

Just Park in Annacotty outside the mill bar or anywhere, no clamping or anything, walk up the hill to the bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

Park in a housing estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Why not park at the train station and get the bus from Arthurs Quay to Dublin Airport ?

I worked in town overlooking the train station car park. I wouldnt park a dinky car in there from what I saw. Constant break ins and general scumbaggery.

And ignore the advice Goochy gave. People park in my estate as it is a ten minute walk into town and it is a pain in the behind when you can't park outside your own home or you are blocked in. The area is a private estate, not on street parking so it is really bad form. Don't be a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Backpack20

Got my dad to drop me in , ah I’ll buy him some toblarone in the airport to make up for it. But yah , I’ve actually had a really bad experience parking in the train station. Guy tried to get into my car at night when I got off a late train. 10/10 not recommend, was like 18 at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Got my dad to drop me in , ah I’ll buy him some toblarone in the airport to make up for it.
    Ah, Dad's Taxi, goes with the territory of being a Dad, until, like me, you are elevated to Granddad's Taxi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got my dad to drop me in , ah I’ll buy him some toblarone in the airport to make up for it. But yah , I’ve actually had a really bad experience parking in the train station. Guy tried to get into my car at night when I got off a late train. 10/10 not recommend, was like 18 at the time.

Top Tip - Buy your Toblerone in Dealz when you get home, same goes for Toffifee. It's Cheaper :D

Advertisement