Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD CSL or just CS?

Options
  • 02-10-2017 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm doing my LC this year and looking at Computer Science & Linguistics as my first choice right now. Love linguistics and languages and looking to combine that with computer science. But I'm just worried that the lamguage part would get in the way of the CS part of it. Would I be qualified to work in software engineering etc straight after graduating? Or would a pure CS course be better?

I don't want to have to sacrifice language but if it just leads to an incomplete education with computers I'll just do CA in DCU and do languages on the side, with probably an Erasmus. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SEAHAWK11

Hi Petradish,
    Im in second year CS. CSL doesn't do half the modules that CS do. CSL do the main topics such as maths and programming but if you really want to learn stuff like the hardware or communications go for CS.

Advertisement