Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back on the horse

• 02-10-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Alright had a bad experience about 3 years ago after vaping for about a year and fell off the ecig saddle,was chilling in the front room with my SIGELEI ZMAX V3 ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE in hand ready to enjoy some nic time in peace.I loaded it up with i think it was around 18m El Torro tobacco juice and started to vape,it was really nice and before i knew it i went into cold sweats,heart rate seemed to change and thought i was losing the plot,realized after that i had been non stop intense vaping so leading to what seems like a kind of nicotene OD.
    Looking now to get back in the saddle but getting so confused as to what flavour of juice to get,would really like to find something of a tobbaco juice with out the latter experience,cheers.....
    p.s any B+M shops in or around dublin city that anyone would know of that would sell something tobbaco related the likes of what i,m looking for at a good price,cheers,,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

damon5 wrote: »
    Alright had a bad experience about 3 years ago after vaping for about a year and fell off the ecig saddle,was chilling in the front room with my SIGELEI ZMAX V3 ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE in hand ready to enjoy some nic time in peace.I loaded it up with i think it was around 18m El Torro tobacco juice and started to vape,it was really nice and before i knew it i went into cold sweats,heart rate seemed to change and thought i was losing the plot,realized after that i had been non stop intense vaping so leading to what seems like a kind of nicotene OD.
    Looking now to get back in the saddle but getting so confused as to what flavour of juice to get,would really like to find something of a tobbaco juice with out the latter experience,cheers.....
    p.s any B+M shops in or around dublin city that anyone would know of that would sell something tobbaco related the likes of what i,m looking for at a good price,cheers,,

Don't mean you to take this the wrong way but could it have been a slight panic or anxiety attack. You would have to be vaping 18ml juice non stop 24hrs a day 7 days a week for 4 months to OD. An OD would be fatal. Its possible you were vaping it too much as you said non stop but you would feel extremely sick to the stomach Vomiting and diarrhoea before it would be fatal to you.

I found myself needing the same nicotine hit that I would get from a cig so tried to keep the same habbit of vaping as with smoking, Going outside smoking area's etc. But I admit it is very hard when it is beside you, you feel the need to have in hand. Best thing i'd suggest is getting a higher VG juice as it will produce more clouds if you cant see the telly you know to let the clouds clear.

Not a fan of tobacco flavours myself thought they were a little harsh on the throat and sickening. Prefer subtle flavours myself. Sweet flavours are mostly sugar so burn coils quicker.

Vaping 75% high VG 6mg Far neon red slushie for a good while now and it is very nice I would recommend it. If you feel it is to low nic you can mix it with a 18mg nicotine shot would work out about 14-16mg. High VG can burn coils quickly too so even more reason to avoid high VG sweet juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Thanks for post iLikeWaffles, not sure what happened with the vaping episode,i,d say it was because i was non stop vaping for a short period as it never left my mouth too.It felt like an instant addiction that you couldnt stop,very weird.Regarding the VG-PG what would be better for having throat hits which i prefer am not bothered about large vape clouds if that helps,have forgotten all that i learned before so back to square one.I have a few tanks viva nova,kangertech etc from earlier days and wondering what would be suitable to use with the SIGELEI ZMAX V3 that is available now thats bullet proof regarding juice leaks as i,m sure three years on technoligy must have came on leaps and bounds,cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Thanks for post iLikeWaffles, not sure what happened with the vaping episode,i,d say it was because i was non stop vaping for a short period as it never left my mouth too.It felt like an instant addiction that you couldnt stop,very weird.Regarding the VG-PG what would be better for having throat hits which i prefer am not bothered about large vape clouds if that helps,have forgotten all that i learned before so back to square one.I have a few tanks viva nova,kangertech etc from earlier days and wondering what would be suitable to use with the SIGELEI ZMAX V3 that is available now thats bullet proof regarding juice leaks as i,m sure three years on technoligy must have came on leaps and bounds,cheers..

High PG or high Nic will give you the better throat hit. Tanks are smaller now as are bottles of juice! Hang onto what tanks you have you might find it hard getting replacements if they are large!

High PG or high Nic will give you the better throat hit. Tanks are smaller now as are bottles of juice! Hang onto what tanks you have you might find it hard getting replacements if they are large!

Will do,thanks for the info :)

Went out and bought a couple of 10ml juice to start me off and realised at the rate the juice was dropping in the vimi nova thingy it wasnt going to last me a week.Now with the EU after putting the boot in how do you,s lads retaliate with the finger and source PG,GC,NIC etc to make your own juice at a cheaper price,cheers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Went out and bought a couple of 10ml juice to start me off and realised at the rate the juice was dropping in the vimi nova thingy it wasnt going to last me a week.Now with the EU after putting the boot in how do you,s lads retaliate with the finger and source PG,GC,NIC etc to make your own juice at a cheaper price,cheers....

You buy 60-120ML 0nic juice bottles in the flavor you want, a few bottles of nicshot to get your preferred nic level. At home just pour the nicshots into the main bottle, shake well and vape on.

120ml bottles of juice come in around the €30-40 mark.

Venom wrote: »
    You buy 60-120ML 0nic juice bottles in the flavor you want, a few bottles of nicshot to get your preferred nic level. At home just pour the nicshots into the main bottle, shake well and vape on.

120ml bottles of juice come in around the €30-40 mark.

Cheers for that but where do you get the 120ML juice and nicshot from,have the ideal thing to vape it with http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/hardware/me1/ ;)

Cheers for that but where do you get the 120ML juice and nicshot from,have the ideal thing to vape it with http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/hardware/me1/ ;)

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/bakers-daughter/

My current fave :)

Cheers mate will check it out,thanks for prompt reply :)

Cheers mate will check it out,thanks for prompt reply :)

Wheres the 120ml juice and nickshots etc :confused:

• Advertisement

Wheres the 120ml juice and nickshots etc :confused:

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/plus-nic/

They will give you enough to get 120ML at 3mg Nic included in the price. If you want a higher nic level, you need to buy the extra ones yourself.

http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/shop/e-liquid/plus-nic/

They will give you enough to get 120ML at 3mg Nic included in the price. If you want a higher nic level, you need to buy the extra ones yourself.

This is all new to me so a bit confusing but will soldier on,use 18ml nic at the mo,cheers...

This is all new to me so a bit confusing but will soldier on,use 18ml nic at the mo,cheers...

No worries mate. Once you see it done in the shop it will all make sense.

No worries mate. Once you see it done in the shop it will all make sense.

Hope so :) thanks for your help ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks for the link but it says ....WE WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO MIX THIS E LIQUIDS WITH MORE THAN 4 BOTTLES OF NICOTINE. .......so 4 x10 ML 20MG NICOTENE makes it CCA 6MG......i,m looking for 18mg of nic though so still in the dark as to how i can achieve that,cheers..

Thanks for the link but it says ....WE WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO MIX THIS E LIQUIDS WITH MORE THAN 4 BOTTLES OF NICOTINE. .......so 4 x10 ML 20MG NICOTENE makes it CCA 6MG......i,m looking for 18mg of nic though so still in the dark as to how i can achieve that,cheers..

What tank you planing to use that 18mg nic in?

Going subohm should lower the nic amount needed a huge amount yet still give you enough so your not gumming for a smoke.

What tank you planing to use that 18mg nic in?

Going subohm should lower the nic amount needed a huge amount yet still give you enough so your not gumming for a smoke.

Am using it in a VIVA NOVA clearomiser thinks its the 3-5ml that i have unused from 3 years ago when i stopped vaping.Am using a 2.9ohm wick coil from a pack
    i have since then and its not bad,still trying to figure out OHMS,VOLTS,WATTS to find that so called sweet spot.Hav,nt a clue regaurding going subohm also,cheers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Am using it in a VIVA NOVA clearomiser thinks its the 3-5ml that i have unused from 3 years ago when i stopped vaping.Am using a 2.9ohm wick coil from a pack
    i have since then and its not bad,still trying to figure out OHMS,VOLTS,WATTS to find that so called sweet spot.Hav,nt a clue regaurding going subohm also,cheers....

I think I still have some Viva Nova's,they were a good tank in their day,but the improvements on tanks today is 10 times better,you should treat yourself to a new set-up like this http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html
    What mod/battery are you using,I'm still using a Umax & a Vmax,I've had them about 6 years & still working great with iclear 30s.

I use a lot of those 120ml bottles & mix the Nic to 6mg,I have my own supply of 72% Nic,which is over 3 times stronger than the Nic you buy today.

Have you ever tried these bottles of juice,up to 18mg from the UK,I love most of their flavours & I use 18mg for 6 of my MTL tanks,only a £1 a bottle,I usually buy 30+ bottles at a time & I use DPD Wizard for delivery,only €3.85...

https://www.onepoundeliquid.com/basket

I think I still have some Viva Nova's,they were a good tank in their day,but the improvements on tanks today is 10 times better,you should treat yourself to a new set-up like this http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html
    What mod/battery are you using,I'm still using a Umax & a Vmax,I've had them about 6 years & still working great with iclear 30s.

I use a lot of those 120ml bottles & mix the Nic to 6mg,I have my own supply of 72% Nic,which is over 3 times stronger than the Nic you buy today.

Have you ever tried these bottles of juice,up to 18mg from the UK,I love most of their flavours & I use 18mg for 6 of my MTL tanks,only a £1 a bottle,I usually buy 30+ bottles at a time & I use DPD Wizard for delivery,only €3.85...

https://www.onepoundeliquid.com/basket

Am using a SIGELEI ZMAX V3 and a Vamo from the same era.Batterys are EFEST 3.7v Li-Mn 2000 mah 18650 +1100mah 18500 +800 18350 which are from previous era too,still seem to be holding their charge.

That place is cheap alright thing is i,ve always had trouble with all the differant tasting juices trying to find one that i really like,not into sweet types but looking more into tobbacco types that would have a very slight caramel taste for eg.Reason is that if the tobbacco flavour wasnt exactly what i liked maybe i would get used to it with the slight sweetness taking off the edge,bought 10ml of Hangsen RY4 50PG and 50 VG and i still find it to be on the sweet side so i,m looking for something with more of a tobbacco bite if that makes any sense.

• Advertisement

Am using a SIGELEI ZMAX V3 and a Vamo from the same era.Batterys are EFEST 3.7v Li-Mn 2000 mah 18650 +1100mah 18500 +800 18350 which are from previous era too,still seem to be holding their charge.

That place is cheap alright thing is i,ve always had trouble with all the differant tasting juices trying to find one that i really like,not into sweet types but looking more into tobbacco types that would have a very slight caramel taste for eg.Reason is that if the tobbacco flavour wasnt exactly what i liked maybe i would get used to it with the slight sweetness taking off the edge,bought 10ml of Hangsen RY4 50PG and 50 VG and i still find it to be on the sweet side so i,m looking for something with more of a tobbacco bite if that makes any sense.

Get the setup suggested above, it will blow your mind how much better stuff tastes these days. Considering you vaped before going subohm is also an option which will really cut down the amount of nic you need to add to juice.

Get the setup suggested above, it will blow your mind how much better stuff tastes these days. Considering you vaped before going subohm is also an option which will really cut down the amount of nic you need to add to juice.

Dont think i could go without the throat hit because for me thats the addictive physical aspect that ive had over the last 40 years ,if thats what subohm meens,is it the ASPIRE ZELOS 50W KIT that your refering to and would it do throat hit as well as subohm if that makes sense,cheers,,

Dont think i could go without the throat hit because for me thats the addictive physical aspect that ive had over the last 40 years ,if thats what subohm meens,is it the ASPIRE ZELOS 50W KIT that your refering to and would it do throat hit as well as subohm if that makes sense,cheers,,

Yeah its a MTL tank, just a more modern type than what your currently using.

Yeah its a MTL tank, just a more modern type than what your currently using.

Oh so your saying upgrade to the ASPIRE ZELOS 50W KIT that has the more modern tank that i would find suitable.Only thing i dont like about them is the inbuilt battery,if your outside somewhere for the day without acces to power your screwed.Saw another Aspire that was 100 watts and it said that would last a day so the 50 then surely wouldnt i,d say,ive seen 200 watt branded Aspire speeder ones around the same price too it makes the mind boggle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Eleaf Pico kit €55. Fantastic mod and the Melo 3 2ml tank is great for mouth to lung vapers using 1.2 or 1.8 ohm coils. Buy a Samsung 30Q battery for it and you got 3000mah. If you order from fasttech you can get the 4ml tank version, but slow delivery.

http://ecigarettesworld.ie/mods/1435-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html#

Oh so your saying upgrade to the ASPIRE ZELOS 50W KIT that has the more modern tank that i would find suitable.Only thing i dont like about them is the inbuilt battery,if your outside somewhere for the day without acces to power your screwed.Saw another Aspire that was 100 watts and it said that would last a day so the 50 then surely wouldnt i,d say,ive seen 200 watt branded Aspire speeder ones around the same price too it makes the mind boggle...

Battery life really depends on how you vape. A MTL tank like the Nautilus 2 wouldn't need many watts so will last much longer than if your vaping a clouds bro clouds style tank at 80 watts.

Eleaf Pico kit €55. Fantastic mod and the Melo 3 2ml tank is great for mouth to lung vapers using 1.2 or 1.8 ohm coils. Buy a Samsung 30Q battery for it and you got 3000mah. If you order from fasttech you can get the 4ml tank version, but slow delivery.

http://ecigarettesworld.ie/mods/1435-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html#

Thanks for your imput will check it out,cheers.

Battery life really depends on how you vape. A MTL tank like the Nautilus 2 wouldn't need many watts so will last much longer than if your vaping a clouds bro clouds style tank at 80 watts.

Thanks for that Venom,what do you think of IRISH OSIRIS recommendation,also the fact that its rechargable batt spares so solving the inbuilt battery concern being left high and dry when the power runs out,cheers..

Thanks for that Venom,what do you think of IRISH OSIRIS recommendation,also the fact that its rechargable batt spares so solving the inbuilt battery concern being left high and dry when the power runs out,cheers..

I'v never used any of Pico series of mods but they are very popular, very few complaints about them online and 75watts is more than enough for MTL vaping. I know nothing about that tank tho so can't really comment.

I honestly wouldn't worry about the battery tho as the inbuilt ones perform pretty much the same as a 18650 mod. I use both types of mod daily and for me as with my phone, forgetting to charge them is just not an issue.

• Advertisement

I'v never used any of Pico series of mods but they are very popular, very few complaints about them online and 75watts is more than enough for MTL vaping. I know nothing about that tank tho so can't really comment.

I honestly wouldn't worry about the battery tho as the inbuilt ones perform pretty much the same as a 18650 mod. I use both types of mod daily and for me as with my phone, forgetting to charge them is just not an issue.

Thanks very much for your imput,much appreciated....

Advertisement