Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peppermint

Options
  • 03-10-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Where can I buy peppermint plant in cork city.
    I have no luck finding it : (
    Found it only online on johnstown garden centre online site.
    Can't post link to it here because I'm a new user , a little bit stupid but ok.

Anyway is 3 euro for plant and 5 euro shipping is ridiculous, I rather buy it in shop. Dosen't need to be in Cork city it can be somewhere near it. Cork city would be preferable ofc : )

Comments

This place is in West Cork

http://www.peppermintfarm.com/

Haven't used them yet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MagicShadow

I've seen this site but didn't find how can I order it online. Also I rather buy it irl in store then buying it online because don't realy trust online shoping for plants. They can get damaged in trasport or get out of water an so on....

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

You can grow it from seed which can be bought in popular branded packs in your local garden centre (or even in Lidl, in the Spring). Be careful to grow it in either a free-standing container or if you want to grow it in the ground, do so in a container buried in the ground, otherwise it spreads everywhere. A biscuit tin is a popular choice for this.

I bought seed from organic centre it's pretty expensive for that little seed. I got it just today.
    Wanna plant it in room because I bought it cuz I heard that it's got against spiders.

I bought seed from organic centre it's pretty expensive for that little seed. I got it just today.
    Wanna plant it in room because I bought it cuz I heard that it's got against spiders.
    Whenever I tried to grow Basil in house/conservatory, it soon faded away and died, due to infestation with aphids. Chestnuts are the accepted material for banishing spiders. Google will probably advise how best to use them, as I imagine conkers on strings, pinned up in odd corners of rooms is probably not the best home decor trend:). Now is a good time of the year to collect them.

• Advertisement

Heard that as well but can't find any place to buy them . That's why we will try to grow peppermint

Heard that as well but can't find any place to buy them . That's why we will try to grow peppermint
    They're free! Go out to a public park with a short stick weighing a kilo or so, and do the same as the small boys who are throwing sticks up into chestnut trees right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I've got peppermint..if you send me the cost of postage i can send you a rooted section.

I already bought seeds online ^^

They're free! Go out to a public park with a short stick weighing a kilo or so, and do the same as the small boys who are throwing sticks up into chestnut trees right now.

That's great and all but I have seeds already and chestnut aren't gonna last for to long i guess...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I already bought seeds online ^^

So what are you asking ?

MysticMonk wrote: »
    So what are you asking ?

"I bought seed from organic centre it's pretty expensive for that little seed. I got it just today.
    Wanna plant it in room because I bought it cuz I heard that it's got against spiders."

I post this few days ago :)

Advertisement