Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading?

Options
  • 03-10-2017 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Can I upload photos straight from my phone onto Boards? I'm using the 'touch' Boards App...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you're posting it should give you the option to attach files. This rarely works for me however so I use Imgur app to host the image and copy the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone who posts a "Help me do tech" question to AH should get an AH ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd been using Tinypic for a while to post stuff to the classic motors thread but it's started acting all funny. I'll have a go at imgur tomorrow. I've a bit of a backlog.
    Thanks Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone who posts a "Help me do tech" question to AH should get an AH ban.

You told me to ask ffs..

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    When you're posting it should give you the option to attach files. This rarely works for me however so I use Imgur app to host the image and copy the link.

IMGUR from your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

You should use science.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've had to do this in the past and to the best of my knowledge I used switch to the desk top site. It used be tricky tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I still do it the old fashioned way and attach my pics with a bit of sellotape.

If you don't see a pic attached to this message then it must have fallen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Moved from After Hours

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

First of all, we'd recommend browsing via touch.boards.ie rather than through the app.

When you tap on the button to post, there should be an Attach Files button under the window where you enter text.

429554.png

Another way to do it, though it is more awkward, is to go to Legacy version of site (in the footer). When you Go Advanced or Post Reply, there is a Manage Attachments button underneath the text window (and Preview Post / Submit Reply buttons).

You can tap that, attach your file from phone, and then copy the link that it generates. This is what you then use for the Insert Image tool in the control panel.

Thank you @Mark, the touch site worked seamlessly :)

Advertisement