Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE price

Options
  • 03-10-2017 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Recently Apple reduced the prices to €419 for the 32gb model and €529 for the 128gb.

These reductions have not yet been applied by the shops and service providers.

The 32gb remains at €369 in Argos, who charge €449 for the 16gb model and €659 for the 128gb. That’s crazy!

The cheapest I have seen the 32gb is €479 for a network locked one.

If Argos were to pass on the reductions the 32gb would be €269.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So argos are already cheaper than apple for the 32gb but you want to see it even cheaper again?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So argos are already cheaper than apple for the 32gb but you want to see it even cheaper again?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I got the 32gb iPhone SE in Argos a couple of months back when I saw the thread on Bargain Alerts.

Suits me as it is basically a 6s in a 5's shell and I don't really like the gigantic phones.

I was absolutely delighted with the SE for that price and spec. If you want it then go for it at the Argos price. Doubt it will go down much cheaper. The 5s brand new with Argos is €359.00. The SE is massively better in all aspects for a tenner more.

chops018 wrote: »
    I got the 32gb iPhone SE in Argos a couple of months back when I saw the thread on Bargain Alerts.

Suits me as it is basically a 6s in a 5's shell and I don't really like the gigantic phones.

I was absolutely delighted with the SE for that price and spec. If you want it then go for it at the Argos price. Doubt it will go down much cheaper. The 5s brand new with Argos is €359.00. The SE is massively better in all aspects for a tenner more.

I just reserved one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Komplett are €349 (+ delivery)

The SE is the best value iPhone out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I bought the iPhone SE brand new for $179 on Virgin Mobile in the USA. Hell of a lot cheaper than roaming with my IP7.

The 5s was only $99 on Virgin Mobile USA whilst €379 here.

Unbelievable this rip off country charges over €200 for a refurbished 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Whens the new SE coming out ?? I heard its due out near Christmas ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The SE is the best value phone going IMO, and I say that as someone who needs a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The SE is only 270euro here its a bloody bargain. I need a Dual Sim for work but have been tempted to buy two as theyre so small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

The SE is only 270euro here its a bloody bargain. I need a Dual Sim for work but have been tempted to buy two as theyre so small

Think it’s €370

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Not here in Switzerland

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭howareyoudoin'

Not here in Switzerland

So this might sound like a stupid question, but is there any reason why I can't ask a friend of mine to buy one in Switzerland & get them to bring it to Ireland so that ai can use it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Has anyone ever seen the 128GB SE in a Vodafone shop? I'm now eligible for an upgrade (have 64GB SE) but the selection on offer is crap.

Has anyone ever seen the 128GB SE in a Vodafone shop? I'm now eligible for an upgrade (have 64GB SE) but the selection on offer is crap.

Get the 7. You’ll get an extra iOS update

Get the 7. You’ll get an extra iOS update

The lack of a headphone jack is putting me off the 7. I also prefer a smaller sized phone.

The lack of a headphone jack is putting me off the 7. I also prefer a smaller sized phone.

Ah. It’s possible the 128gb is no longer available. Apple did this with the 5c. They discontinued the 16gb and 32gb models when the 6 came out. They also screwed a lot of 5c owners with the 32-bit device not supporting iOS11. It was released at the same time as the 5s so you’d assume it would’ve got a compatible version of ios11.

Komplett now have the 32gb SE for €319 and the iPhone 6 32gb for €329 new and unlocked.
    The 6 is a better bargain.

I need 128GB minimum for my music. Constantly having to rotate iTunes playlists to fit.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Surely Spotify / Apple Music can help with the majority of that?

My iTunes solely consists of CDs and LPs ripped from my own collection. I only listen to iTunes when I am commuting (via the phone). When I am at home, I listen to a record or CD via the turntable / CD player.

I don't bother with Spotify because there's so much missing from it.

The reason I want a bigger memory is to have more choice of music to listen to while commuting.

Advertisement