Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Credit Card declined

Options
  • 03-10-2017 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I received a new credit card yesterday. I used it to make purchases online yesterday and they went through no bother but when I tried to make a payment over the phone today with it it was declined. I also then tried to use the card to withdraw money from an ATM but it said that the 'transaction or the account was invalid'. Can you tell me why this happened and what I can do so I can use the card again.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

samb1975 wrote: »
    Hi I received a new credit card yesterday. I used it to make purchases online yesterday and they went through no bother but when I tried to make a payment over the phone today with it it was declined. I also then tried to use the card to withdraw money from an ATM but it said that the 'transaction or the account was invalid'. Can you tell me why this happened and what I can do so I can use the card again.
    Thank you
    Hi samb1975,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear your card was not working. 

Can you please check whether you have received any text or email from our Card Security team in relation to your card? If so, please follow the steps in the message. 
    If you haven't received any message from our Card Security team, we would advise you to get in touch with our Credit Card team as they can look into this further for you and check that there is no temporary block to your card. Please call them on 1890251251 which is available until 8pm this evening. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement