Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City parking zones

Options
  • 03-10-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Have just applied to get a parking permit, and talking to City Hall, it seems that I could be on a boundary between zones, meaning some of the nearest on street spots might not be in my zone.

They didn't have a map though, which I found quite odd.

Is there anywhere that a parking zone map exists that details the various zones in the city?

Comments

Not being smart, but City Hall is where you need to go.

Also, to cover yourself, it might be an idea to start communicating with them through email so you have a record against any parking fines for parking in the wrong zone

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't think so but the people you spoke to should know.
    My permit had some streets named on it so I couldn't park anywhere else, not sure if this is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Not being smart, but City Hall is where you need to go.

Also, to cover yourself, it might be an idea to start communicating with them through email so you have a record against any parking fines for parking in the wrong zone

I was there yesterday, handing in the application, couldn't believe they didn't have a map of zones to be honest, that's what I'm asking here, if anyone has one.

I won't be getting any fines, as parking at work during daytime hours, so not an issue yet.

@biko - they did indicate a few street names in the zone they thought I'd be in, so I'm guessing that's still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Never seen a map.

The streets you may park in are named on your permit. I can tell you that Zone 9 is Merchants Rd, St Nicholas St, Forthill St, Middle St, St Augustine St, Cross St Lower and Flood St.

I don't know if you automatically get a permit for the zone that you live in, or if they perhaps balance out the number of permits issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Got a call back from City Hall, the roads I've been assigned to park on are not the closest parking spots to the house - its on a main road with double yellows outside, so parking is a bit away.
    A bit of a pain in the ass to be honest, but what can you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Parking is a tenner a year, that should help ;)

Advertisement