Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some vaping questions

• 03-10-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Fairly new to vaping and have a few questions around e-liquids for the knowledgeable here. I'm currently using a VIP Clearomizer vape-pen but I find their e-liquid range to be very limited.

1. Can I use other brands' e-liquids?
    2. If so, I note that the PG/VG split is 70/30 on the bottles of e-liquid I have; does that mean I must get the same ratio in other brands or risk damaging my vape-pen?
    3. I've seen vapewild.eu mentioned on here; is this the best online shop for e-liquids or would you recommend any others?
    4. As mentioned, I have a VIP Clearomizer; how would you rank these generally? Construction feels pretty sturdy and other than the lack of choice in e-liqiuds (especially the lower nicotine ones), I'm pretty happy with it so far but am obviously open to advice.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

You can of course use other brand liquid, the pg/VG ratio is something to keep an eye on. VG is quite thick and liquids heavy in it might not work as well with your set up, the coils will have a hard time wicking. So I'd say the ratio you have now or a 50/50 blend would be best.

A good online store I've used is thebestshop.eu, I don't usually order online for mods/tanks and I've never used the other. Look out for discounts, should be a thread here to help you out.

I wasn't a buyer of VIP clearos so I can't offer a helpful opinion that set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lotus 79

Thanks so much for that nkav86; really helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

1) Not only can you but you really should. Try picking up 60ML - 120ML bottles of juice as you will save yourself a small fortune.

2) Most juices tend to be 50/50 or 70/30 VG/PG depending on brand.

3) Never used vapewild as I'm not giving that much personal information to any online shop when there are so many other options to choose from. I'v used https://esmaugireland.com/ a good few times and been very happy with their next day service.

4) With out knowing the exact model its hard to say 100% but looking at their site, your taking about very old and basic hardware from a few years back they they keep pushing on punters who know no better.

Thanks for that Venom. Much appreciated. I've been having a look around online at not only the online shops but also the physical ones I could go visit. I'm in Dublin so Vintage Vape Rooms on Fownes St looks like it might be a good spot to check out as they're not brand-specific.
    I definitely am (or was) a punter that knew no better at the time of starting to vape so I reckon I'll probably upgrade to a more modern version of what I have once I've used up the coils etc that I have.
    It's a whole new world to me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The lads in Vintage Vape Rooms are a sound bunch and my main brick and mortar stop.

Purplebox are just around the corner as well (sup Naomi) and cater to the beginner vaper so worth checking out as well.

Vaping can be pretty confusing starting out as there is so much to take in at first so maybe check out some of the Youtube guys like Indoorsmokers, Mike Vapes, Vaping Fagan and vaping with Vic who all have some really good "how to" vids.

As for vaping gear its not so easy to recommend stuff and everyone's tastes are different. The €65 Aspire Zelos 50w Kit is a nice bit of kit but you might find you outgrow it pretty quick or want to move up to a Subohm tank for better flavor.

I personally would spend the extra for an Innokin Cool Fire Ultra TC150 and a Aspire Nautilus 2 tank. Great starter tank and the Cool Fire series are amazing and will give you so many options if you decide to want to move to bigger tanks down the road.

• Advertisement

That's great! Thanks for that Venom. Lots to learn it seems so I think I'll make a visit to the Vintage Vape Rooms and/or Purplebox in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

You can pretty much vape anything, i've vaped poteen and am going to try whiskey soon.
    As for clearomizers i pretty much dont rate them at all,

macker33 wrote:
    You can pretty much vape anything, i've vaped poteen and am going to try whiskey soon. As for clearomizers i pretty much dont rate them at all,

Where do you get those juices?

nkav86 wrote: »
    Where do you get those juices?

An off license

macker33 wrote:
    An off license

Wait, are you actually vaping alcohol? You must be joking

• Advertisement

For real, only problem is you dont get any real throat hit.
    Handy if you think a juice has too much hit.

Advertisement