Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for payment to reach Credit Card

Options
  • 03-10-2017 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Why does it take 5 working days for a payment (from another bank) to hit my BOI Credit Card?

Even when I had a current account with BOI, it always took 3 working days for a payment to appear on the card.

Absolutely crazy that it takes that long.

My partner is with another bank and a payment to her CC is always applied by the next working day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Why does it take 5 working days for a payment (from another bank) to hit my BOI Credit Card?

Even when I had a current account with BOI, it always took 3 working days for a payment to appear on the card.

Absolutely crazy that it takes that long.

My partner is with another bank and a payment to her CC is always applied by the next working day.
    Hi Wayne Shrilling Pidgin, 

Thanks for contacting us here. 

We would usually credit a payment within one working day of receiving it. Please check with the sending bank for how long their payments would take and their cut-off times. If you have your card registered on 365 Online, you can also send an Ask a Question to query this payment and an advisor will be happy to check this for you. Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have had a BOI CC for years and never once was a payment, from my BOI current account, applied within working day. It has always taken three working days.

This was one of the many reasons I switched my current account away from BOI.

Would love to hear from any BOI customer that has their CC payment applied within one working day?

What is the cut off time for a BOI current account to BOI credit card?

I have had a BOI CC for years and never once was a payment, from my BOI current account, applied within working day. It has always taken three working days.

This was one of the many reasons I switched my current account away from BOI.

Would love to hear from any BOI customer that has their CC payment applied within one working day?

What is the cut off time for a BOI current account to BOI credit card?

When you make a payment to your Credit Card from a BOI Current account before the cut off of 3.30pm on a working day, this will take one working day to credit the account and when paying it from another bank this can take longer. Please see more info on this here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can you clarify the timing for me?

If I make a payment right now (10.30am on 4th Oct) to my BOI CC from a BOI current account, I should see that as a payment on my CC tomorrow 5th Oct?

What time the following working day does it get applied to the card?

Can you clarify the timing for me?

If I make a payment right now (10.30am on 4th Oct) to my BOI CC from a BOI current account, I should see that as a payment on my CC tomorrow 5th Oct?

What time the following working day does it get applied to the card?

Yes the payment will credit the next working day, we would be unable to confirm exact timings of this. We would also advise you to check your Credit Card statement to check what date the incoming payment credited your Credit Card account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement