Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ISC2 Exam Prices

• 03-10-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

So, I was just on the site there to book my CISSP and noticed it's jumped 100 euro from the start of this month..
    All exams have taken a big jump.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

yes total greed i say!

All the security certs have gone into crazy money with the exception of Offensive Security(and maybe CompTIA).

I've not looked at CompTIA certs in a long time, though I did recently get invited to be a subject matter expert for CompTIA's new Pen Testing course. A proud moment which I turned down for lack of time.

The prices for SANS courses have gone through the roof. I looked at recertifying one of mine and I couldn't justify the cost myself. Ive opted for the OSWP instead. $500 for materials and exam vs $1699 for the SANS GPEN.

EDIT: The thing to be super careful with is avoiding the companies who are sales and marketing companies masquerading as security training companies. EC Council springs to mind. They'll have sexy sounding courses but the materials will be either out of date or just completely inaccurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Fair play on being offered such an invite! 

I've been out of the certificate game for quite some time as I was doing a number of boot camp style courses and the exams we're included on the last day so it was quite a surprise to see the jump yesterday.. The guys on Techexams were saying ISC2 are the last to actually ramp up the prices.

Advertisement