Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do ye feed ewes at tipping time

• 03-10-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Just wondering do any of ye feed ewes at tipping time or do ye think that good grass is enough, if so what do ye feed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jaycornyn

We don't feed anything, be it ewes or rams. I think good grass is enough. We only lamb about 100 ewes so it might be a different story if you lamb more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

It's the only time I do feed bar lambing... ewes get meal and mineral buckets and good grass when there being flushed for the ram

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭case5130

Lambman wrote: »
    It's the only time I do feed bar lambing... ewes get meal and mineral buckets and good grass when there being flushed for the ram

See I'm getting tight on grass here and weather not helping what would u feed a nut or ration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Feed pellets here they have good grass so not getting much.... I just find it handy when the sheep come till you and not run till the far end off field I have them all numbered and write down what ones are tipped everyday so I know come lambing time what ones are due first... when are u putting the ram with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭case5130

Lambman wrote: »
    Feed pellets here they have good grass so not getting much.... I just find it handy when the sheep come till you and not run till the far end off field I have them all numbered and write down what ones are tipped everyday so I know come lambing time what ones are due first... when are u putting the ram with them?

Was going to tease them next weekend with a ram and let him out 18 days after . Ewes in good shape but tight on good grass for flushing them with so was thinking could do the same with cheap nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Feed for 6weeks pre-lambing that’s it for the year. They’re 3 months weaned so are in good nick. I’ve some mainly lleyns on bare fields as they were getting too fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Feed for 6weeks pre-lambing that’s it for the year. They’re 3 months weaned so are in good nick. I’ve some mainly lleyns on bare fields as they were getting too fat.

Many lambs left. Are you feeding them. Will you have to keep some over winter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

I’ve about 85 lambs of my own left. They’re mainly the late ones and lambs from the ewe lambs. I bought about 800 stores but hopefully I’ll move a good few of them on before the winter.

Advertisement