Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30 Youths go on rampage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I used to work on that street; we were told never to park our cars on the street - day or night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not a good area of the city. I'm done with this city one of the days. Over rated .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Not sure which is worse, two groups of youths looking to fight, or the inevitable left v right scrap on the next few pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dey need mer FASILATEES fer der CUMEWNATEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Dey need mer FASILATEES

Faculties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

There's never a lunatic with a semi automatic when you need one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Know someone in DFB who said that call outs down that way have increased dramatically the last few months with cars being burnt out and other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Ever see footage of groups of chimpanzees fighting amongst each other?
    It is disturbingly similar to incidents with humans in situations like that where things are going to kick off.

This kind of behavior has been happening since forever, only with technology do we actually see more of it implying that this happens on every second street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

If only the 8th was repealed, they could have been aborted and there'd be no problem. #killemall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Let's get a vigilante group together.

Can anyone swing a sack of door knobs??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

valoren wrote: »
    Let's get a vigilante group together.

Can anyone swing a sack of door knobs??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Ive given it some thought.

Drones. A mobile airbourne fleet, like a swarm. You get a call, scangers in the area causing a ruckus( poor lads, broken homes etc). The swarm moves in. Each one carries a dozen Tazer shells that discharge when they hit their targets. The signal is given...the swarm decends and opens fire. 30 brain surgeons down in 7-8 seconds.

Repurposed bus moves in, hoovers up the scum. Bus arrives in a holding area. Scum removed, each one is processed : Pictures taken, DNA taken, feckin stool samples...the works. Cross examined with the Pulse system.
    Over 10 convictions? 10 year sentence, no parole. Mandatory.
    Over 20? Sterilization, Men & women. Safe to say you are not going to be reimagined as a worthwhile member of a progressive society.

Send all cases to work the countries worst jobs, leased out like livestock. Shock collar around the neck...if they stray too far from the base station, zzzzap! Work back the cost of the drones.

For hopeless cases, the Chinese option. Hot lead, bill the family. By which of course, I mean skim their welfare payments.

We need to shed these wastes of genetic material, the way a snake sheds its skin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

CucaFace wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/shocking-video-footage-shows-gang-of-up-to-30-youths-vandalising-cars-in-dublin-city-centre-36192261.html

The scum are just getting worse in Dublin. Probably all have about 50 convictions each already to their names, but are still out on the streets to act like feral humans.

The scum are getting worse all over Ireland, not just Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pretty scary for passers by too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I blame the parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

This was another show down between the Jets and the Sharks.
    Result - inconclusive. But it could all kick off again at the roller
    disco on Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

then on another thread here in AH you have people totally opposed to any sort of corporal punishment....well this is the result folks, feral youth with no fear of repercussion...because there is none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

fryup wrote: »
    then on another thread here in AH you have people totally opposed to any sort of corporal punishment....well this is the result folks, feral youth with no fear of repercussion...because there is none

I assume you've never watched Quadrophenia or The Warriors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Railway Street was always such a quiet area:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

NIMAN wrote: »
    I blame the parents.

Not sure if sarcastic ..
    But i blame the parents (also)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I saw these gowls on Sunday night up around jervis.
    They were out looking for trouble.

Had those heady little eyes and their heads twitching at every sound.
    Pack of scrotes that deserve a beating.

I blame the parents.

I don't blame them but i would like to see them held responsible. If mom/dad can be threatened with prison if their offspring don't go to school, surely they can be held liable if same offspring cause criminal damage?
    Or else kneecap the offenders...either way works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Our street's been done a few times. One night they kicked in four windscreens along with wing mirrors.

I'd have preferred if they had kicked in my windscreen as I have windscreen cover.

The damn mirror cost me €125 fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I think this is a great argument for facial recognition CCTV and tagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

The Nazis really tarnished the idea and it never recovered after WW2. It will never be spoken of in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

boombang wrote: »
    I think this is a great argument for facial recognition CCTV and tagging.

and then? wasn't it mentioned they are well known by the guards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

tara73 wrote: »

If they'd have caught one they would have linked to the Kinahan CARTEL (!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Ahh, leave it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The law is on the side of the scumbags.

If the residents were to take matters into their own hands the gardas would be all over them just like the water protesters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

I blame the parents.

Some of those kids probably are parents. So blame the grandparents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

But they've nuthin to do, God love em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

I bet they will still be allowed to claim full dole payments and free housing etc. etc. after they are caught. It must be taken away or there is no deterrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Make them give something back to the good people of this country who provide for them and pay their way rather than allowing them to bite the hand that feeds them

Chain-Gang-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

dmc17 wrote: »
    Make them give something back to the good people of this country who provide for them and pay their way rather than allowing them to bite the hand that feeds them

Chain-Gang-2.jpg

Ah I miss the chain gangs, they were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Looks like Railway street off Talbot street. I attended an interview on that street a while ago and the offices were like Fort Knox. Now I know why.
    If only the 8th was repealed, they could have been aborted and there'd be no problem. #killemall

Zero chance of scrots like this being aborted. Think of the welfare payments.
    Rezident wrote: »
    I bet they will still be allowed to claim full dole payments and free housing etc. etc. after they are caught. It must be taken away or there is no deterrent.

No chance, the likes of the PBP champion these sort of disadvantaged areas when it comes to freebie housing. Serious amount of votes for them in these areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

On a kind of related note, Limerick city just started the Beat the Street exercise initiative. Loads of boxes positioned round the city, you walk from one to the other and tag them with a special fob and card, and it notes how much you've walked. It's all recorded and if you get over a certain distance, you get entered into a competition on facebook.

Anyway, tonight they annonced that due to repeated vandalism, they've had to remove 4 boxes from the initiative.

How f**king mindless does it get, to just smash these boxes just because they are there.

Berserker wrote: »
    Zero chance of scrots like this being aborted. Think of the welfare payments.

I think abortion should be allowed between the ages of 10-90. I at least give them a chance to earn it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i love my dogs
    i rescue them from the pound and i rehabilitate them
    they love my young son and tbey are kind and gentle
    but its videos like this that meke me happy that my back kitchen has a couple of hundred kilos of wolf pack living in it
    only answer to feral humans is a few defensicve doggies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Love that album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'd be willing to bet that there's a correlation between dereliction and sh!t like this. Scumbags love derelict buildings for hiding, drinking, and plotting things in - the ones on Railway Street are particularly handy since their layout makes it incredibly hard for the Gardai to get at them in vehicles without potentially getting trapped.

Was this street always in this kip of a state? I wouldn't know the area well but I walked through it several months ago during the early summer and was very taken aback by the number of boarded up windows on both sides of the street. What's that all about? Other areas I've seen with a similar number of empty, abandoned buildings seem to have a similar notoriety for anti social behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

****ers probably only crawled out of bed at 4in the afternoon, no wonder they have energy to smash cars up. Stop their benefits and ban them from JD sports. That will teach them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Crea wrote: »
    There's never a lunatic with a semi automatic when you need one

You sir have just won the Internet. Nothing you say or do ever again will this good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Was this street always in this kip of a state?

Yeah, I've never lived in that part of the city but I've always considered that area to be one to avoid. As I said earlier in thread, I had to go to Railway street a while back and money has been pumped into that area. Some new office blocks on that street but the flats nearby still look like trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I blame the parents.

Pfft, surely you must know that their behaviour is society's fault.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

I've read (Malcolm Gladwell - Outliers) that the perceived success of Rudy Giuliani's zero tolerance cleanup of New York was more likely an unintended consequence of the Roe versus Wade case a few decades earlier.
    There were less unwanted children born into deprived circumstances where they were likely to encounter social problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dey need mer FASILATEES fer der CUMEWNATEE

Ders nuthin faar uz

I blame the parents.
    nullzero wrote: »
    Pfft, surely you must know that their behaviour is society's fault.

Youth crime has increased quite a bit since we removed the ability for adults/parents to physically punish children.

Admittedly there should be some required training/education for people wanting to have/raise children, but there should also be some way to discipline children apart from a verbal condemnation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If this happened on Sunday then it wouldn't surprise me if it was a group of Shamrock Rovers Youth on their way back from the FAI Cup semi final up in Dundalk. They wrecked a pub up there and caused damage up in Oriel too. Looks very much like a group of young scrotes that would be at that anyway. Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Cocobongo

Youth crime has increased quite a bit since we removed the ability for adults/parents to physically punish children.

Admittedly there should be some required training/education for people wanting to have/raise children, but there should also be some way to discipline children apart from a verbal condemnation.

True.. all they teach is the timings when to arrive at the hospital when you are in labour to save the amount of beds and that’s it. Some people might really be struggling to raise their kids and some don’t give a sh*te because they are the same as their little ***** as from the video.

Probably police in ghana (which is probably contained of 15men over the whole country) would deal with the situation better, especially knowing who these kids are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

tara73 wrote:

It could well have been an orchestrated incident related to gangland feuding. That particular area of town would be regarded as Hutch "territory".

• Advertisement
Advertisement