Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Clontarf Cycle Route

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'm just home from work after cycling from city centre to Raheny via Fairview/Howth Road. Absolutely horrible, close pass after close pass, doors swinging open from parked cars in Fairview with a buses on the other side of you, it's a nightmare. The Howth road just has a white line for a bike lane on a narrow road so every car passes you with 2 or 3 feet to spare on some parts. Hadn't done my normal commute in a long time. They've done nothing to improve it and I wont hold my breath for improvements.

I cycled it recently for the first time since March 2020 and had forgotten all of the unpleasantness you've listed above until then. In some ways I'm looking forward to getting back to my commute, particularly for fitness reasons, but a return to the regular conflict with traffic is not appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I cycled it recently for the first time since March 2020 and had forgotten all of the unpleasantness you've listed above until then. In some ways I'm looking forward to getting back to my commute, particularly for fitness reasons, but a return to the regular conflict with traffic is not appealing.

Yeah I miss the commute for exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Off a bike for far too long so only did formerly frequent Fairview to Howth spin last week.
    Ab-so-lu-te-ly loved it! That section around St Anne's used to piss me off big time, crossing the road, ****ty surface in narrow and busy traffic.
    Now, a veritable cycling nirvana to savour.

Still wind in your face both directions, but even DCC can't sort that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

souter wrote: »
    Still wind in your face both directions, but even DCC can't sort that.
    Well they did want to build a big wall against the sea to prevent flooding!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Well they did want to build a big wall against the sea to prevent flooding!

They built a big wall, then lowered it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement