Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 NFL Draft

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

phatkev wrote: »
    Shaquem Griffin picked by the Seahawks. Its cool that he'll get to play with his brother again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think it's fair to say Green Bay addressed the need for for size and deep threats at WR. :pac:
    - J'Mon Moore (6'3, 4.42 40 time)
    - Marquez Valdes-Scantling (6'5, 4.37 40)
    - Equanimeous St. Brown (6'5, 4.48 40)

I don't get going for a punter though, Vogel was good and a pro bowl alternate as a rookie last season after donkies years of mediocre at best punting in GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Billy86 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say Green Bay addressed the need for for size and deep threats at WR. :pac:
    - J'Mon Moore (6'3, 4.42 40 time)
    - Marquez Valdes-Scantling (6'5, 4.37 40)
    - Equanimeous St. Brown (6'5, 4.48 40)

I don't get going for a punter though, Vogel was good and a pro bowl alternate as a rookie last season after donkies years of mediocre at best punting in GB.

Didn't think ESB would last that long. For Dallas to past on him a fair few times (and some other WR needy team)... you've got to wonder if there is any other concerns rather then just performance :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Looking ahead to 2019, it's a very talented defensive class - especially along the defensive line.

Headlined by Ed Oliver, who is easily the best player in college football right now. You kind of got the feeling you were watching something special when he was ragdolling Oklahoma junior and senior offensive lineman during his first game as a true freshman 2 years ago.

He could have the type of season that could propell him to the #1 pick. I know that's a tough ask given the positional value of QBs and Pass Rushers, but that's how good Oliver is. All depends on who is picking, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Looking ahead to 2019, it's a very talented defensive class - especially along the defensive line.

Headlined by Ed Oliver, who is easily the best player in college football right now. You kind of got the feeling you were watching something special when he was ragdolling Oklahoma junior and senior offensive lineman during his first game as a true freshman 2 years ago.

He could have the type of season that could propell him to the #1 pick. I know that's a tough ask given the positional value of QBs and Pass Rushers, but that's how good Oliver is. All depends on who is picking, of course.

Don’t forget the four d line guys at Clemson too who are all seniors and could’ve been draft eligible this year

And baby Bosa too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

The Clemson line is defiitely one of the best units in recent college football history, and Bosa is certainly a good prospect, but I think Oliver is the only elite/blue-chip prospect - at this stage anyway. It's scary to think that he would have been a first rounder after his true freshman season alone. I think these types of players only come along so often - maybe 1 or 2 per year tops, some years there aren't any.

Apparently the eagles where offered more picks for there first but they wanted another 2nd next year as they believe next year looks like a much stronger class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

JaMarcus wrote: »
    The Clemson line is defiitely one of the best units in recent college football history, and Bosa is certainly a good prospect, but I think Oliver is the only elite/blue-chip prospect - at this stage anyway. It's scary to think that he would have been a first rounder after his true freshman season alone. I think these types of players only come along so often - maybe 1 or 2 per year tops, some years there aren't any.

Not having a go but this is always said about players and then through whatever reason (injuries, lack of form, laziness, believing their own hype) players drop off.

If we'd been drafting this years class this time last year Harold Landry and Conor Williams would've been top 5 picks but look where they went.

We're a couple of days post the 2018 draft and a full college season away from getting to the 2019 draft so let it happen and we'll see where the chips may fall ;)

Advertisement