If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40"-43" TV recommendations

Options
  • 03-10-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi Guys. We are looking to replace our aged parents 32" Sony we got ( a long) time ago from you. It's been a great servant but now we feel the need a bigger picture for ailing eyesight. They currently have a Humax, a saorview recorder , a firestick for netflix so it's a bit of a mess. We would like to simplify all of this with a smart TV. With this in mind we are looking for the following 
    40-43" 
    Must be able to get RTE player and Netfix apps 
    5 year guarantee 
    A built in freesat tuner would be nice but not a deal breaker as the humax will be staying 
    Obviously we have a budget which will be circa €500 and need shipping to Co Meath 
    Looking forward to your recommendations 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

a clanger wrote: »
    Hi Guys. We are looking to replace our aged parents 32" Sony we got ( a long) time ago from you. It's been a great servant but now we feel the need a bigger picture for ailing eyesight. They currently have a Humax, a saorview recorder , a firestick for netflix so it's a bit of a mess. We would like to simplify all of this with a smart TV. With this in mind we are looking for the following 
    40-43" 
    Must be able to get RTE player and Netfix apps 
    5 year guarantee 
    A built in freesat tuner would be nice but not a deal breaker as the humax will be staying 
    Obviously we have a budget which will be circa €500 and need shipping to Co Meath 
    Looking forward to your recommendations 
    Hi A Clanger.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It will be hard pushed if at all possible to get a 40-43 inch with built in freesat. There are very screens available with Freesat and it tends to be only the higher end that includes it.

At the moment one of the best sellers would be the LG 43UJ630 coming in at £429.00 (Includes our 6 year guarantee free of charge). Very well spec'd will pick up saorview and has enough HDMI's for your current equipment. Also features the Netflix app.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Delivery would cost just £6.99

Samsung also have a few 40" within budget but they are not 4K screens and i fell the LG would out preform them.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I take it the RTE player app is available on LG sets as it is on the Samsung's ? .....as this gets rid of the need for a saorview recorder !

I take it the RTE player app is available on LG sets as it is on the Samsung's ? .....as this gets rid of the need for a saorview recorder !
    Hey A Clanger.

We dropped LG a call this morning to check and they say that it should be available once the TV is setup in the South of Ireland but they were not 100% sure.

Hey A Clanger.

We dropped LG a call this morning to check and they say that it should be available once the TV is setup in the South of Ireland but they were not 100% sure.
    This is actually make or break for me with the LG. I know that Samsung have the RTE player app in their 'Irish' store. Could we possible get a more definite answer than 'should be' 
    Thanks in advance

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Clanger,

apologies for the delay - the LG 43UJ630 does have the RTE player app - of course once you are in the ROI and connected to the web!

( of course if you download Geo apps for ROI you will not have UK apps!)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply....Yes thats what I thought. Sorry last question that only popped up now.
    Could you recommend a reasonably priced soundbar for that TV. Thanks in advance guys 

Thanks for the reply....Yes thats what I thought. Sorry last question that only popped up now.
    Could you recommend a reasonably priced soundbar for that TV. Thanks in advance guys 
    Hey A Clanger.

Here is a link to our soundbars:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/c-58-Soundbars.aspx?swapstore=1

It really depends on your budget are there are many many options.

Something like the Philips HTL2183 priced at £119.00 which is a good little budget soundbar
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202682-htl2183b.aspx

Or the Yamaha YAS105 priced at £179.00 also very good for the money.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201521-yas105.aspx

Let me know if either of those two may be of interest or if any others off of the list catch your eye.

Hi Guys 

Resurrecting this thread as ready to buy. Can you confirm the current price on this LG in STG/Euro. This will be a Christmas present for our father so can we order and delay delivery or should we hold off until for a few weeks ! as we want it delivered directly to him. 

Hi Guys 

Resurrecting this thread as ready to buy. Can you confirm the current price on this LG in STG/Euro. This will be a Christmas present for our father so can we order and delay delivery or should we hold off until for a few weeks ! as we want it delivered directly to him. 
    Hey A Clanger.

The current pricing on the LG 43UJ630 would be £399.00 or 469.00 Euro.

We would be able to hold the order for a few weeks before shipping as there is very good stock levels on these. It would be a nice Christmas present.

Hi Guys 

Hey A Clanger.

We would be able to hold the order for a few weeks before shipping as there is very good stock levels on these. It would be a nice Christmas present.
    Ok lets Kenny lets do it !...what email should I contact 

• Advertisement

Hi Guys 

Hey A Clanger.

Ok lets Kenny lets do it !...what email should I contact 
    Hey A Clanger if you drop me your contact number in a PM I can give you a call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.