Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques in Canadian Dollars?

Options
  • 03-10-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi BOI, 

A bit of a dumb question but need to make a payment in Canadian dollars back in Canada but I am studying in Ireland now so I won't have access to my Canadian bank cheques and will need to mail in a BOI one. 

Would it be possible to get a cheque in Canadian dollars? My first time doing this. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Jlayay wrote: »
    Hi BOI, 

A bit of a dumb question but need to make a payment in Canadian dollars back in Canada but I am studying in Ireland now so I won't have access to my Canadian bank cheques and will need to mail in a BOI one. 

Would it be possible to get a cheque in Canadian dollars? My first time doing this. 
    Hi Jlayay, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes if you are a Bank of Ireland customer you can request a Canadian Dollar draft at the counter in your local branch. Please note that we will issue a draft for an amount of €500 or above (or the equivalent amount in Canadian Dollars). Please check the opening times and counter service available in your local branch here. The fee for a foreign currency draft is detailed in our International Fees and Charges brochure here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement