Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weevil 160/100

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

loyatemu wrote: »
    where is this?

This is the question I spent most of that day asking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

has anyone done these routes recently? Are they all still rideable? Need a killing gravel ride tomorrow and was going to try tackle some of this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I haven't ridden any part of it past Glencullen since 2018 ;) So, how ridable it is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I cut off 60km and turned at Ballinastoe Golf Course to Djouce Golf Course. All was very rideable up as far as Glencullen, there's a new second fence at the turn for Newtown from Glencullen that I couldn't pass and ended up getting lost from there going through the GAP onto 3 rock and just otok the access road, down Kellystown Road to the back of Marley Park and then home. Got a bit confused at Glen of the Downs as to where the decent should be but found it in the end and had a good day out. 6h 20 moving for 100km and 2519m climbing.

Had to walk about3 sections of it, climbing the top of Boranaltry Lane (Pine Forest to the Wicklow Way), Carrickgollogan Wood near the lead mines, the last bit of the descent from Glen of the Downs and part of where I got lost past the GAP in Glencullen although that was more to do with walkers and hiking routes. I think for the most part the rest was all pedal powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Thank you! I'll get back to it one day, but need to get back to form again.... Its not the same as it was 6kg ago ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

You'll have to go around the Western Side of the Upper Vartry Reservoir if you're doing it, as there's a dispute with "Special Ops" so the Eastern side is blocked for the final few 100m's to/ from the bridge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Tomorrow will be 5 years since this? I now have a capable bike, but don't have capable legs. A few more into gravel and such now though that might be worth giving a go another weekend

Advertisement