Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 System Battery Low

Options
  • 03-10-2017 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I know there's been lots posted on this topic already but I really struggle to understand some of the technical terms!
    I woke up this morning to an alarm sounding on the control panel of my HKC Quantum 70. I used the remote fob to reset the device/alarm and it said "device batteries need replacing, call engineer". Then alarm stopped and there's a warning light, and I read that it will keep doing this until it's fixed.
    After reading some of the threads I thought that instead of replacing the battery I'd try and reset the alert instead, on the assumption that this is an automatic prompt and I don't really need to change the battery?! I managed to get as far as Manager Menu, System Config, Engineer Access YES. Now it wont let me go any further. I have the user code but I assume I need a separate engineer code to get past this point (which I don't have - I inherited this alarm when I bought the house). 
    1) Is there a way to reset the alert that says "device battery need replacing" without actually replacing the battery? Do I need an engineer code or is there some other way?
    2) If the only option is to replace the battery then how do I do go about doing this? Is the battery located somewhere behind the control panel or is it a battery on the alarm box on the outside of the house? Is this fairly straightforward to replace or will I end up calling the company that installed the alarm?
    Many thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need the engineer code. Even if you replace the battery you will still need the engineer code to reset the alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

seanuk123 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I know there's been lots posted on this topic already but I really struggle to understand some of the technical terms!
    I woke up this morning to an alarm sounding on the control panel of my HKC Quantum 70. I used the remote fob to reset the device/alarm and it said "device batteries need replacing, call engineer". Then alarm stopped and there's a warning light, and I read that it will keep doing this until it's fixed.
    After reading some of the threads I thought that instead of replacing the battery I'd try and reset the alert instead, on the assumption that this is an automatic prompt and I don't really need to change the battery?! I managed to get as far as Manager Menu, System Config, Engineer Access YES. Now it wont let me go any further. I have the user code but I assume I need a separate engineer code to get past this point (which I don't have - I inherited this alarm when I bought the house). 
    1) Is there a way to reset the alert that says "device battery need replacing" without actually replacing the battery? Do I need an engineer code or is there some other way?
    2) If the only option is to replace the battery then how do I do go about doing this? Is the battery located somewhere behind the control panel or is it a battery on the alarm box on the outside of the house? Is this fairly straightforward to replace or will I end up calling the company that installed the alarm?
    Many thanks
    Sean

Device batteries refer to any RF devices installed on the system.

Advertisement