Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 2018 Cabin Crew Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doc18

Lalalo wrote: »
    Did you get your background checks done yet ?

Sorry yeah, I did. I got them all submitted in early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lalalo

doc18 wrote: »
    Did you get your background checks done yet ?

Sorry yeah, I did. I got them all submitted in early January.

Mine haven’t been requested yet hope that’s not a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canigetanamen

Anyone hear anything back recently who are still waiting? No email to say thanks but no thanks or anything like that. Bit strange interviews were over 2 months ago.

Reading last years thread people were contacted in Feb and March so I'm still hoping but starting to loose faith

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cindy1

Is anyone still waiting to hear? Or has anyone heard anything lately? Three and a half months since interview and nothing!!!

Cindy1 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting to hear? Or has anyone heard anything lately? Three and a half months since interview and nothing!!!

Such a slow process. Have they sent out any rejection emails to people? at this stage I'd prefer to get one so I can move on 😳

• Advertisement

Such a slow process. Have they sent out any rejection emails to people? at this stage I'd prefer to get one so I can move on 😳

I have contacted them three times - the first time they told me I was still involved in the application process, the second time they said that they were waiting for the training centre to give them dates for training and they’d be in contact then, given that I hadn’t a formal offer of employment I thought that was a strange answer and the third time they replied exactly the same as the first time. I’ve heard from people on the inside that nobody seems to know what’s going on in there

I have contacted them three times - the first time they told me I was still involved in the application process, the second time they said that they were waiting for the training centre to give them dates for training and they’d be in contact then, given that I hadn’t a formal offer of employment I thought that was a strange answer and the third time they replied exactly the same as the first time. I’ve heard from people on the inside that nobody seems to know what’s going on in there

That second response sounds promising! Still very strange though that it's taking so long

I was contacted in January to say I was successful and sent for medical but have not received a training date, beginning to lose hope now :(

I was contacted in January to say I was successful and sent for medical but have not received a training date, beginning to lose hope now :(

If they be told you you’re successful and had a medical then I would be hopeful you’d get a call soon, nobody had told me that I’ve been successful despite them telling me that they're waiting for training dates from training centre, it makes me wonder what’s going on in there as they seem to be very disorganised and keeping people hanging on like this is totally unfair

Yeah I keep thinking that having had the medical is a good thing but just can’t relax until I have a date. Becoming a serial email checker at this stage !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 doc18

I got an email today saying that I'm starting training on 14th May! Did anyone else get this email?

Yes I also got the same email . Excited is an understatement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AircraftA320

Got an email , starting training 21st of may! :D

Got an email , starting training 21st of may! :D

Well done! When did you get the mail? This evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AircraftA320

Well done! When did you get the mail? This evening?

Thank you :) , I got it last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

Hi, did anyone else get invited to the recruitment day on Wednesday? What can I expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

poisonous wrote: »
    Hi, did anyone else get invited to the recruitment day on Wednesday? What can I expect?
    Hi
    Congrats on getting to the final stage ! I was there on Monday .
    So we were met in the lobby and taken to a small conference room where our paper work was checked and taken and then we were taken in groups upstairs where they had various different interview rooms so we were all called in within a few minutes of arriving there .
    There was 2 people interviewing each candidate and the interview lasted approx 15-20 minutes . We were then told to return to the conference room downstairs and we were then taken in groups out of the radisson hotel and we walked across to the aer Lingus training building where our height was measured and we had to do a harness test on 4 separate jumpseats and then we had a reach test where we removed our shoes and had to reach into a overhead locker and undo a clasp to release a fire extinguisher .
    We were then free to leave and I was told they would let everyone know within a week or so if they were successful and that training would commence towards the end of may worh those recruits getting to start flying at the start of July .

I wish you all the luck in the world tomorw and I hope you get the call with a offer of a place .

It was a very friendly and calming environment yesterday , I wasn’t at all nervous or stressed once I got there and most people seemed to be the same , all the staff we dealt with yesterday were extremely warm and friendly , even if I don’t get a offer I enjoyed the experience .

If there was anyone there on Monday with a appointment of 4.30 maybe they could private message me ? I was in a group with 4 other girls who were lovely and I was raging with myself I didn’t get their phone numbers to keep in contact .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

Am I eligible to Apply? To apply you will need to meet all of the essential criteria outlined below:
    • 18 years of age or over
    • Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction (i.e. EU Passport Holder or Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4)
    • 12 months combined experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
    • Fluent in English, both spoken and written
    • Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel

Those two ones conflict with each other :confused:

Thewife wrote: »
    Hi
    Congrats on getting to the final stage ! I was there on Monday .
    So we were met in the lobby and taken to a small conference room where our paper work was checked and taken and then we were taken in groups upstairs where they had various different interview rooms so we were all called in within a few minutes of arriving there .
    There was 2 people interviewing each candidate and the interview lasted approx 15-20 minutes . We were then told to return to the conference room downstairs and we were then taken in groups out of the radisson hotel and we walked across to the aer Lingus training building where our height was measured and we had to do a harness test on 4 separate jumpseats and then we had a reach test where we removed our shoes and had to reach into a overhead locker and undo a clasp to release a fire extinguisher .
    We were then free to leave and I was told they would let everyone know within a week or so if they were successful and that training would commence towards the end of may worh those recruits getting to start flying at the start of July .

I wish you all the luck in the world tomorw and I hope you get the call with a offer of a place .

It was a very friendly and calming environment yesterday , I wasn’t at all nervous or stressed once I got there and most people seemed to be the same , all the staff we dealt with yesterday were extremely warm and friendly , even if I don’t get a offer I enjoyed the experience .

Thanks so much for your reply, I wish you the best of luck ! Were you told any more details about the job? I’m a bit worried as I dont want to move to Dublin as rooms are so expensive and would rather commute on a bus (2.5h)... I feel like you have to be so flexible for the job that you have to be there in an hour or two after they call you, did they talk about any of that by any chance? I’m so glad it went well for you, I was a bit worried and nervous about tomorrow but now I feel better, thank you :)

• Advertisement

Also how was the harness test? Im a bit chunky so I’m worried that I wont pass it and I’ll embaress myself in front of everyone haha

There is no need to worry , I am also very chunky lol there was 4 harnesses to test and all seemed different sizes , the first 3 were no problem but the last one was a struggle I got it closed but could hardly breath lol

Even though you are in groups all of your interview and tests are done in private with only you . The only time anything I did was with another person was handing if your paper work and when they measured my height but other wise all in private so no need to worry .

I didn’t really get any info on the job regarding time limits from where you lived , I’m also hoping to commute the 1.5 hours also

Also how was the harness test? Im a bit chunky so I’m worried that I wont pass it and I’ll embaress myself in front of everyone haha

Sorry I also forgot to mention , they said most positions for this recruitment drive are for cork but there are some in Dublin also , so maybe cork would be nearer for you ?

The best of luck today , I am sure you will do just fine ! You go get that job !
    Thanks so much for your reply, I wish you the best of luck ! Were you told any more details about the job? I’m a bit worried as I dont want to move to Dublin as rooms are so expensive and would rather commute on a bus (2.5h)... I feel like you have to be so flexible for the job that you have to be there in an hour or two after they call you, did they talk about any of that by any chance? I’m so glad it went well for you, I was a bit worried and nervous about tomorrow but now I feel better, thank you :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Traditionally airlines (incl EI unless they have changed regs) have required you to be no more than 90 mins from home base.
    This is in cases of being on call at home.

Hi

Has anyone else on here applied for this round of recruitment and had their interview this week ?

Hey, I did my interview yeaturday. Like you said the atmosphere was calm and relaxed and everyone was sooo sooo nice! Got to talk to some of the staff there and they did say that there are people who commute from further areas than I am but most of them do transatlantic flights. The training centre is amazing, I didnt expect it to look that good! Interview was a bit nerve wracking, I got a bit nervous so Im not 100% sure how I did

I thought the training center was amazing also , when I walked inside I was taken aback I wasn’t expecting it !!

How did you get on with the 4 harnesses ? Did they give any indication as to when they would let you know if you were successful or not ?

Hey, I did my interview yeaturday. Like you said the atmosphere was calm and relaxed and everyone was sooo sooo nice! Got to talk to some of the staff there and they did say that there are people who commute from further areas than I am but most of them do transatlantic flights. The training centre is amazing, I didnt expect it to look that good! Interview was a bit nerve wracking, I got a bit nervous so Im not 100% sure how I did

I thought the training center was amazing also , when I walked inside I was taken aback I wasn’t expecting it !!

How did you get on with the 4 harnesses ? Did they give any indication as to when they would let you know if you were successful or not ?

No, they said nothing and also I was told to only sit down on 3 chairs so im not sure!

So you got on ok with the 3 harnesses you tried ? Gosh maybe it was 3 and not 4 I tested I could have got it wrong lol but I know the last one was ready to explode it was that tight on me haha ! They had told me they would be letting people know in a week or so , but reading other threads there are some people been 6 months without getting a update , I hope the process isint as drawn out as that still !
    No, they said nothing and also I was told to only sit down on 3 chairs so im not sure!

• Advertisement

So you got on ok with the 3 harnesses you tried ? Gosh maybe it was 3 and not 4 I tested I could have got it wrong lol but I know the last one was ready to explode it was that tight on me haha ! They had told me they would be letting people know in a week or so , but reading other threads there are some people been 6 months without getting a update , I hope the process isint as drawn out as that still !

I heard 2-3days is when they’ll people know :) training is at the end of may and 6 of june so they would let people know soon :) Im not sure, I got on okay with them, all of them were okay but they were a big tight 😂

Advertisement