Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 2018 Cabin Crew Recruitment

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

That’s brilliant I’m delighted it went well for you and I really hope you get the call :)
    Yes one of the ladies that interviewed me had said they hope to let everyone know in about a week or so , but then I’ve been reading reports from people who applied previously and some got a call 6 months later !

Let’s hope we get a call either way soon , waiting is the hardest part !
    Please keep me updated on how you get on and I will let you know if I hear anything also :) (that’s if you don’t mind )

poisonous wrote: »
    I heard 2-3days is when they’ll people know :) training is at the end of may and 6 of june so they would let people know soon :) Im not sure, I got on okay with them, all of them were okay but they were a big tight 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13 poisonous

Thewife wrote: »
    That’s brilliant I’m delighted it went well for you and I really hope you get the call :)
    Yes one of the ladies that interviewed me had said they hope to let everyone know in about a week or so , but then I’ve been reading reports from people who applied previously and some got a call 6 months later !

Let’s hope we get a call either way soon , waiting is the hardest part !
    Please keep me updated on how you get on and I will let you know if I hear anything also :) (that’s if you don’t mind )

I hope so too, wishing you all the best! ladies working there said they really need new staff soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ElleElleB

Hi everyone!

I figured I’d throw myself into the conversation because I’m also starting training on May 30th. I’ll have to move to Dublin for the 5 weeks of training so if anyone from or near Dublin has any suggestions about how to find somewhere to rent for just a few weeks I’d appreciate it! I’m going to be based in Cork after that. My interview was only last week and I got the call a few days ago that I was offered the job so I’m rushing to get everything ready for the move to Dublin

😀😀

Congrats !! What date did you have your interview ?

ElleElleB wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I figured I’d throw myself into the conversation because I’m also starting training on May 30th. I’ll have to move to Dublin for the 5 weeks of training so if anyone from or near Dublin has any suggestions about how to find somewhere to rent for just a few weeks I’d appreciate it! I’m going to be based in Cork after that. My interview was only last week and I got the call a few days ago that I was offered the job so I’m rushing to get everything ready for the move to Dublin

😀😀

Congrats !! What date did you have your interview ?

I had my interview on the 11th of this month and just got the call and email about getting the job yesterday so it all happened pretty fast really!

• Advertisement

That’s amazing I’m so happy for you well done . I had my interview on 16th (Monday this week ) but haven’t heard anything yet anyway . Did they ring your references before they offered you the job do you know ?
    ElleElleB wrote: »
    I had my interview on the 11th of this month and just got the call and email about getting the job yesterday so it all happened pretty fast really!

That’s amazing I’m so happy for you well done . I had my interview on 16th (Monday this week ) but haven’t heard anything yet anyway . Did they ring your references before they offered you the job do you know ?

I don’t think they have contacted them yet because I contacted one of my references earlier today to give them a heads up and they hadn’t contacted her yet but she told me she’d let me know when they did. The email said that the job offer is subject to me passing my medical, Garda vetting and reference check but that should all be ok as I don’t have any medical problems or criminal record etc so hopefully that should not be a problem! My medical is next Tuesday and I’m awaiting the email from the ID department regarding the Garda/security check.

😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Valval

If there was anyone there on Monday with a appointment of 4.30 maybe they could private message me ? I was in a group with 4 other girls who were lovely and I was raging with myself I didn’t get their phone numbers to keep in contact .

Hey I was there the same time Monday as you! Have you heard anything since? I haven’t and the wait is killing me😔

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buttonsb

Hi... I’m due to start training on May 21, at the interview back in December I asked the training hours and was told by and large, normal office hours of 9-5, I got a letter today saying training is starting at 8am, just wondering for anybody that’s already in training can you please tell me what time training starts... I’ve kids that need minding and had organised childcare from 8am! Thanks for any information and hope to see some of you on the lines!

Hi valval ,

I sent you a pm
    Valval wrote: »
    Hey I was there the same time Monday as you! Have you heard anything since? I haven’t and the wait is killing me😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ChickenNugget

Hi valval ,

I sent you a pm

Hi I Was there Monday 16th have you heard anything back? I got an email to do a speculative application has anyone else???

Hi
    I haven’t got any email from them , when did you get the email ?

Hi I Was there Monday 16th have you heard anything back? I got an email to do a speculative application has anyone else???

Hi
    I haven’t got any email from them , when did you get the email ?
    Yesterday afternoon

Hi has anybody that was at the interview on Monday the 16th get any news yet?

I was in on 16th and haven’t heard anything yet ! Also 2 other Girls that were there at the same time as me has also heard nothing . What time was your interview ? We were there at 4.30

Hi has anybody that was at the interview on Monday the 16th get any news yet?

I was in on 16th and haven’t heard anything yet ! Also 2 other Girls that were there at the same time as me has also heard nothing . What time was your interview ? We were there at 4.30

My interview was at 9:30 did you do the height and reach assessment?

Yes we did the height , reach assessment and harness test and interview all on the same day . What about you ?
    My interview was at 9:30 did you do the height and reach assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flyboy6283

I went to my interview on the 18th and got a phone call this afternoon offering me the position. I must complete a medical next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JenRowan343

Flyboy6283 wrote: »
    I went to my interview on the 18th and got a phone call this afternoon offering me the position. I must complete a medical next week.

What date are you due to start training? They’re not give you much time to get the medical/background check/Garda vetting sorted. 😑 Im doing all that stuff now and it seems to be taking way longer than I anticipated

Flyboy6283 wrote: »

Had you to complete a speculative application online on the Aer Lingus website

• Advertisement

They said end of may /beginning for June , I had airport Id previously so that part should be easy enough.

Had you to complete a speculative application online on the Aer Lingus website

No I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doc18

Is anyone else doing the first part of their training in the UK?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

doc18 wrote: »
    This piqued my interest.
    EI have their training centre in Dublin aiport, why would they be training crew in the UK. AFAIK they dont even have any staff based in the UK anymore (apart from a handful in Belfast.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doc18

Tenger wrote: »
    This piqued my interest.
    EI have their training centre in Dublin aiport, why would they be training crew in the UK. AFAIK they dont even have any staff based in the UK anymore (apart from a handful in Belfast.)

They asked me to complete the first 10 days of training in the UK with a third party training provider. I will still be Dublin based and complete the rest of my training in Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Tenger wrote: »
    This piqued my interest.

They asked me to complete the first 10 days of training in the UK with a third party training provider. I will still be Dublin based and complete the rest of my training in Dublin.
    How strange, their training schedules must be bursting at the seams when they have to outsource it

Advertisement