Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I need a solicitor?

Options
  • 03-10-2017 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭

If I were to buy a greenfield site w/o any planning permission for a relatively small sum (circa €20,000) it is advertised on a reputable auctioneers
    Would I need a solicitor for the purchase?

What could go wrong if I didn't use a solicitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

A solicitor would check that the title is a good marketable title, that there are no outstanding judgements or mortgages on the title, that there are no onerous burdens affecting the title (such as rights of way, easements etc), draft the purchase deed, ensure that all necessary declarations from the Vendor are available , arrange searches, and various other matters. It is a solicitor's role to ensure you obtain a good and marketable title to the property and I think it would be very unwise to proceed without one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

You'd be very foolish to proceed without a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

D Trent wrote: »
    If I were to buy a greenfield site w/o any planning permission for a relatively small sum
    Have you considered that it was refused planning permission for whatever reason, and are now trying to get rid of it? For example, if it had planning permission, why did the planning permission for the bungalow fail?

Advertisement