Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Gaming PC possible

Options
  • 04-10-2017 1:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, my girlfriend has recently started hijacking my computer to play games and I'm thinking it may be better that I buy some cheap parts to put in an old case to keep her away from mine! :pac:

I'm looking to get it as an early Xmas present, but would like to keep it cheap and cheerful as we don't normally splurge on gifts at Christmas.. It would mostly be used for Sims 4 (specifications below) and other indie games. Nothing too intense and I'm wondering if people could recommend lower end parts that would suffice? :)

1. What is your budget? Cheap as Chips.
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Yes, an old case.
    5. Do you need a monitor? No.
    6. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.
    7. How can you pay? Card, paypal, etc.
    8. When are you purchasing? December.
    9. If you need help building it, where are you based? Can build and set it up myself.

Sims 4 specifications:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or faster or AMD Athlon X4
    MEMORY: 4GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

2nd hand machine on Ebay like a Dell Optiplex with i5-2500 with 8GB ram can be had for €120 or so. Add a GT1030 for €80 and Sims 4 at ultra settings effortlessly.

Advertisement