Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11.0.2 is out already

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, I'm thinking a full factory reset is what's needed.

Still having issues following a factory reset and also upgrading to 11.0.03.
    Message is constantly freezing, leaving me to have to go to the home screen and then shutting down the messaging and reopening.
    Same thing is happening with contacts and when trying to make a call or look at last dialled numbers.
    Battery is still an issue. And only started causing trouble when I upgraded to iOS 11. Battery is less than a year old, replaced when they recalled a load of phones for battery issues last year. Will I just have to pay up myself to have it replaced and hope that solves the issue?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Effects wrote: »
    Still having issues following a factory reset and also upgrading to 11.0.03.
    Message is constantly freezing, leaving me to have to go to the home screen and then shutting down the messaging and reopening.
    Same thing is happening with contacts and when trying to make a call or look at last dialled numbers.
    Battery is still an issue. And only started causing trouble when I upgraded to iOS 11. Battery is less than a year old, replaced when they recalled a load of phones for battery issues last year. Will I just have to pay up myself to have it replaced and hope that solves the issue?

Where did you buy it? I'd take a run at Apple first. I would have thought this would be covered under Consumer protection laws?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

iOS like a snail on iPhone 6. Apple Watch series 0 is bordering on unusable. Getting frustrated.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Where did you buy it? I'd take a run at Apple first. I would have thought this would be covered under Consumer protection laws?

Bought it direct from Apple in December 2015. Had the battery replaced in Nov/Dec last by Compu B.

• Advertisement

Battery usage is showing 21% for messages, is that normal?

After multiple diagnostics:
    "Our engineers received some reports of similar behavior and they have outlined a testing process that will help them identify the cause of the issue."

They have changed some settings remotely and have asked me to take a screeshot of time and battery level tonight, then put phone into flight mode, then take another screenshot in the morning to check how much it's dropped overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Hi all, I have done the recent updates as well and ever since my battery life has crashed, today in under five minutes it went from 43% to 12% without the phone even being used, I contacted Apple support and they did a diagnostics test and came back with the excuse that the battery is 'consumed' and has to be replaced, the phone is a 6 and just over a year old. Seriously annoyed with this and the response from apple, the phone never had an issue until I updated. There have been other, similar issues to those on this forum as well with the phone.

Advertisement