Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a reducing overdraft

Options
  • 04-10-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I am looking for information whether it is possible to set up a reducing over draft please, I currently have an overdraft of €500 and would like to reduce it by say €10 a week. So in theory €10 would be taken from my wages going in every week and eventually the overdraft would reach €0. Is it possible to arrange something like this?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Ladybird37 wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I am looking for information whether it is possible to set up a reducing over draft please, I currently have an overdraft of €500 and would like to reduce it by say €10 a week. So in theory €10 would be taken from my wages going in every week and eventually the overdraft would reach €0. Is it possible to arrange something like this?  
    Hi Ladybird37,

Thanks for your post here. 

You can request to reduce your overdraft amount by sending a message through the Ask a Question option on the Service Desk on 365 Online. An advisor will then reply back to you to confirm the change to the amount you wish to reduce it to.  
    If you are looking to arrange a plan to pay off your overdraft it would be best to speak with our Lending team on 0818 200 334 who will be happy to help you. They are available on this number 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You can do that with a Term Loan but not an Overdraft

Advertisement