Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website

• 04-10-2017 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi
    I have built a new website for our local Development association.It's fairly basic.

I would like some feedback on what ways to improve it

web address www.mountmellickdevelopment.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the menu is after the fold and the free template links links to a free games site. Not that any of that really matters - though from a user pointof view, when you click a link, above the fold (the bit you see first) remains exactly the same, even though the content under it has changed. Unless you scroll, you dont know that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bornio

Thanks for feedback.
    Is it a good idea to use a free template for a site like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

I would suggest you make the MDA and text less than 200px high rather than the 800px it is at the moment.

The free themes you get listed in Wordpress.org are created in a way that conforms to Wordpress's standards.

If you get a free theme else where, you generally get what you pay for, often buggy with back doors, malware etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bornio

Thanks for your feedback.
    Sorry for delay in replying.I was on holidays.

Advertisement