Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Half-Marathon 8th of April 2018

Options
  • 04-10-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

https://www.berliner-halbmarathon.de/en/plan-your-race/registration-2018.html

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/164222315

possible alternative for those who didn't get into London but want a big day race experience.

2018 will be my 3rd time going over. The start and finish area are close to Alexanderplatz, so best to stay near there, if you go with Ryanair you're about an hour away using S & U bahn, great city to get around, you can buy a 3 day travel ticket at the airport.
    Course is flat and conditions that time of year seem great, Sean Hehir ran 65 mins there this year.
    I'll be gunning for sub 90, still haven't broken 20 on this comeback trail :-) but lots of confidence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Wottle wrote: »
    https://www.berliner-halbmarathon.de/en/plan-your-race/registration-2018.html

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/164222315

possible alternative for those who didn't get into London but want a big day race experience.

2018 will be my 3rd time going over. The start and finish area are close to Alexanderplatz, so best to stay near there, if you go with Ryanair you're about an hour away using S & U bahn, great city to get around, you can buy a 3 day travel ticket at the airport.
    Course is flat and conditions that time of year seem great, Sean Hehir ran 65 mins there this year.
    I'll be gunning for sub 90, still haven't broken 20 on this comeback trail :-) but lots of confidence.

I've registered for this, but it's looking like it's going to be a major PITA to get there from Cork unless I want to stay 3 or 4 nights. I should have checked the logisitics before booking. On the other hand there seems to be plenty of reasonably priced hotels and AirBnBs. I'll hopefully work something out before then. I won't stick a time on it it yet, but I'd be training with a PB in mind (<1:26:37). It will be my first race abroad if I make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I've registered for this, but it's looking like it's going to be a major PITA to get there from Cork unless I want to stay 3 or 4 nights. I should have checked the logisitics before booking. On the other hand there seems to be plenty of reasonably priced hotels and AirBnBs. I'll hopefully work something out before then. I won't stick a time on it it yet, but I'd be training with a PB in mind (<1:26:37). It will be my first race abroad if I make it.

If this is a non runner, look at the CPC Loop Den Haag in March for a fast half. Plenty of flights to Amsterdam and 30 mins then via train to Den Haag. Know a good house with a cheap bed if your stuck, another option to look at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

OOnegative wrote: »
    If this is a non runner, look at the CPC Loop Den Haag in March for a fast half. Plenty of flights to Amsterdam and 30 mins then via train to Den Haag. Know a good house with a cheap bed if your stuck, another option to look at.

hmmm - was thinking Waterford and Berlin but have missed the boat on Waterford. This might be a runner, reckon it would work out cheaper than a trip to Berlin.

hmmm - was thinking Waterford and Berlin but have missed the boat on Waterford. This might be a runner, reckon it would work out cheaper than a trip to Berlin.

Beer is cheap & I happen to know a good tour guide!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

OOnegative wrote: »

Same weekend as Ballycotton - except now there's no Ballycotton - the plot thickens....

• Advertisement

Same weekend as Ballycotton - except now there's no Ballycotton - the plot thickens....

It's the premier half marathon in Europe that time of year so organisers reckon. I can speak for the route & it is flat as flat can be, there is no hills in this city unless you run the dunes which the race route does not. The 'scone put me wide to it on moving here, and I'd trust his advice 110%, sure give it some consideration.

Advertisement