Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - 27th March 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ooh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Were fantastic at Electric Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yes please.

But can bands stop announcing midweek gigs in Dublin? I only have so many holidays to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tickets are €34.50 + fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I saw them in Spirit (now the Academy) in 2006. It was great, but it was ridiculously loud.

This is on the same night as Belle and Sebastian's second night in Vicar Street.
    The worst potential crossover audience clash since a few years ago, when They Might Be Giants was on the same night as Pixies. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ugh a Tuesday is very hard to do. But I am taking herself to qotsa and Steven Wilson so may have to go. Were very good in Lisbon, would be a good show.

Was saying the other day I wonder would they tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mushy wrote: »
    Ugh a Tuesday is very hard to do. But I am taking herself to qotsa and Steven Wilson so may have to go. Were very good in Lisbon, would be a good show.

Better than a Sunday or a Monday

Friday-Monday fine for me, max of one day holiday (which I can usually offset by working a weekend or something). Tuesday-Thursday has to be two days off, which is a total balls.

But, I am still very excited. Am I right in thinking these are only on sale through the band website? Haven't seen anything Ticketmaster.

Friday-Monday fine for me, max of one day holiday (which I can usually offset by working a weekend or something). Tuesday-Thursday has to be two days off, which is a total balls.

But, I am still very excited. Am I right in thinking these are only on sale through the band website? Haven't seen anything Ticketmaster.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/phoenix-dublin-03-27-2018/event/18005344C32EB8AB?artistid=946877&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Whoops! Nice one!

I'll be ready and waiting - reckon this could be a quick sell out?

• Advertisement

i'd say it'll be gone in minutes! hopefully they'll add another date the next night if it does.

Mushy wrote: »

Not when including travel it isn't.

Will still try for them, feck it sure it'll be good.

got standing :)

Standing in the bag!

One more off the list. :cool::D

Was handy enough getting them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Standing sold out now but some circle tickets still available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Only after seeing this now :( Upper circle only left

And just like that it's here today. Should be a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Anyone hear the stages times for tonight, wouldn't mind catching the support but assume they won't be on before 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Flight of the Concords Sunday, and now this.

2nd gig in 3 nights I've been due to go to that's been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya me too. Had to get a refund for FotC because it's the same night as The National.
    Hope Phoenix i re-scheduled for a "quiet" night in Dublin :)

It better be re-scheduled for a weekend. Just landed into Dublin, now to avoid rush hour traffic

here's their summer dates, they might try squeeze us in before the London gig? although would clash with The XX is if it's on the 23rd/24th
    April 30 Beijing CN - Grammy Festival Beijing 2018 TICKETS
    May 25 London UK - Victoria Park TICKETS
    May 26 Paris, FR - La Gaîté Lyrique SOLD OUT
    May 27 Paris, FR - La Gaîté Lyrique SOLD OUT
    May 29 Paris, FR - La Gaîté Lyrique SOLD OUT
    May 30 Paris, FR - La Gaîté Lyrique SOLD OUT
    May 31 Paris, FR - La Gaîté Lyrique SOLD OUT
    2 Juin Nîmes, FR - This Is Not A Love Song Fest TICKETS
    13 Juin Lyon, FR - Les Nuits de Fourvière TICKETS
    June 15 Bergen NO - Bergenfest TICKETS
    June 16 Oslo NO - Piknik i Parken TICKETS
    July 3 Boston MA - House of Blues TICKETS
    July 5 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Steel SOLD OUT
    July 6 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Steel SOLD OUT
    July 7 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Steel SOLD OUT
    July 9 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Steel TICKETS
    July 10 Brooklyn NY - Brooklyn Steel TICKETS
    12 Juillet Quebec City QC - Festival d'été de Québec TICKETS
    20-22 Juillet Biarritz FR - Biarritz en été TICKETS
    July 26 Madrid ES - Noches del Botanico TICKETS
    July 27-29 Benidorm ES - Low Festival TICKETS
    19 Août Saint Malo FR - La Route du Rock TICKETS
    24-25 Août Le Touquet FR - Touquet Music Beach Festival TICKETS
    25 Août Charleville-Mézières FR - Cabaret Vert TICKETS
    September 14 Denver CO - Grandoozy TICKETS
    September 15 Denver CO - Grandoozy TICKETS
    September 16 Denver CO - Grandoozy

I see the re-scheduled Django Django gig was on tonight, so probably a few people who got rid of their tickets for that to go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I see the re-scheduled Django Django gig was on tonight, so probably a few people who got rid of their tickets for that to go to this!

Still tickets available for Django Django, hopefully they can still make it if they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

here's their summer dates, they might try squeeze us in before the London gig? although would clash with The XX is if it's on the 23rd/24th

Before their London gig (25/5) Olympia is booked solid apart from Monday 21st May.
    The week between their Nimes/Lyon gig in June there's a few dates (Th 7th and Sun 10th) but presume they probably have time off booked in France.
    After Oslo (16/6) there's Tue 19th June free.

Part of me is pissed off it was left so late to announce the postponement. Was an expensive day of nothing, wouldn't have cared if knew a few hours earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

2 days booked off work and a hotel booked ... found out as we hit the M50.

Went to Belle & Sebastian instead... who were absolutely fantastic!

Hopefully a rescheduled show will happen. Phoenix were my highlight of EP ... great set and fantastic show ... even in the rain

• Advertisement

Was gutted by this. Big fan for 10+ years and had never had the chance to see them.

Has anyone gone about a refund yet? Or are ye waiting until the date is rescheduled? How do you claim? The Ticketmaster website is (unsurprisingly) vague.

I would hope that we hear sooner rather than later as I don't live in Dublin and may need to book work off, etc.

Advertisement