Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newgrange and Hill of Tara Visit

Options
  • 04-10-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,

I am planning a take a trip to both Newgrange and the Hill of Tara and am wondering if anyone could give me some advice on it.
    Is it possible for both sites to be visited on the same day and get the full experience of both.

Does anyone have any recommendations and of any other nearby attractions worth seeing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is this gunna be like another thread where to OP eventually decided to visit London or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Well, you'll be sure to get accurate and helpful advice in After Hours and not the regional forum!

Google Maps and TripAdvisor are your friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Moved to "Things to do in..." section. Mods feel free to move elsewhere if not applicable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Yes, you should be able to do both in one day quite easily. If you're visiting Newgrange you might like to visit Knowth and Dowth at the same time as they are very close together. You'd do them all in an afternoon.

Other places in the vicinity that I'd recommend would be the Battle of the Boyne site at Oldbridge and Mellifont Abbey. Both are great picnic sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement