Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOT Sub Omh vaping

• 04-10-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Im vaping over 4 years now but I'm still spending €2 on a new coil (Aspire bvc @ 1.6) every 3-4 (sometimes 5 days)
    I vape an 80PG liquid
    I vape 2% nicotine
    I have a 2.5 ml clearomiser and I vape at no more than 11 watts.
    Where can i save my money other that to give up vaping.:rolleyes:

When i was vaping a higher nic I was still only getting 2 or 3 days out of a coil - But i think I'm getting slightly longer now that I'm down to 2%

I'm sick of spending money on coils but my stalwart clearomiser wont let me build my own (Aspire clearomiser)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Get yourself a rebuildable RTA. Coils can last several months. All you need to do then is change out the cotton every few days, depending on usage. 5 minute job. Loads of rebuildables out there, but I use Kayfun tanks. Pricey, for originals. I haven't bought a coil for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

You would need to balance the cost of the tank against the amount of coils you could buy ( and include in the cost of the tank the price of the bits and pieces for rebuilding the coils ) The Kayfun 4 is v expensive but more suitable to the mouth to lung vaping you are doing now , hard to get and more complicated than it needed to be . The new Kayfun Prime will be about €150, maybe less, I haven't seen it for sale yet on a site . The Kayfun 5 is more for direct lung . There is a tank called the Berserker out that would be suitable and should be under the €40 mark but I thought I heard about it leaking . And lastly, two well known reviewers are releasing a rebuildable mouth to lung tank sometime this month that should be under the €35 mark and given who they are it should be decent .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jonski wrote: »
    You would need to balance the cost of the tank against the amount of coils you could buy ( and include in the cost of the tank the price of the bits and pieces for rebuilding the coils ) The Kayfun 4 is v expensive but more suitable to the mouth to lung vaping you are doing now , hard to get and more complicated than it needed to be . The new Kayfun Prime will be about €150, maybe less, I haven't seen it for sale yet on a site . The Kayfun 5 is more for direct lung . There is a tank called the Berserker out that would be suitable and should be under the €40 mark but I thought I heard about it leaking . And lastly, two well known reviewers are releasing a rebuildable mouth to lung tank sometime this month that should be under the €35 mark and given who they are it should be decent .

This ^.

OP how much juice you going through per day at the moment? Your currently using a rather basic tank but you could find yourself going through alot more juice per day with a rebuildable tank. I'v never used a rebuildable MTL tank, only subohm ones but my RTA's and RDA's are thirsty little beasties :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

About 8 to 10 mls per day.

I use a very basic tank and a cheap eliquid. I guess it's the sugars in the flavours that are leading the coils to deteorating in 3 to 4 days.
    I don't want a tank with better airflow or bigger capacity. Its to noisy! I just want an everlasting gobstopper - coil.

After 4 years should you not be off the e cig?

• Advertisement

dball wrote: »
    About 8 to 10 mls per day.

I use a very basic tank and a cheap eliquid. I guess it's the sugars in the flavours that are leading the coils to deteorating in 3 to 4 days.
    I don't want a tank with better airflow or bigger capacity. Its to noisy! I just want an everlasting gobstopper - coil.

The sweeteners used in certain juices really destroy coils fast. I reckon you best best would be to wait for the Phil Busardo rebuildable MTL tank coming out the end of this month or look into one of the Kayfun clones unless you wanna spend €100+ on a original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I tried so hard to get into rebuilding. Got coil jigs and all sorts, just too much hassle for me. My recommendation would be to buy coils in bulk from China.

EGriff wrote: »
    I tried so hard to get into rebuilding. Got coil jigs and all sorts, just too much hassle for me. My recommendation would be to buy coils in bulk from China.

Buy a spool of clapton wire, watch a few vids and practice with a 3mm jig bit. It's really not that hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Oh I know it's not hard, I had a kayfun mini v3 for a while and the vape was superb, plus a few others before that. It's just the time involved. I just want to replace smoking really, not make a whole hobby out of it.

Different strokes and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

After 4 years should you not be off the e cig?

??? I see my e-cig as a replacement for smoking ciggies, not a method to quit altogether. About 8 yrs since had real cig. And most people I know who use e-cigs are the same. And if I forget it when leaving house - no worries - can do without. Couldn't do that with the real ones, needed to know I had em on me or I'd buy some more.

Mmmm ..... nice bubblegum flavor to accompany my pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

dball wrote:
    Im vaping over 4 years now but I'm still spending €2 on a new coil (Aspire bvc @ 1.6) every 3-4 (sometimes 5 days) I vape an 80PG liquid I vape 2% nicotine I have a 2.5 ml clearomiser and I vape at no more than 11 watts. Where can i save my money other that to give up vaping.

First off apologies I can't post links on the mobile. You have a few options, I'd seriously consider mixing your own juice, there are a lot of options for this available from ezsmoke and pickandmixdiy.
    You need a mtl rta, Kayfun Prime is the latest offering from Kayfun and is available from creme de vape, expensive but excellent. Some very good clones available from Fastech, Kayfun Mini V3, Doggystyle rta, Digiflavor Siren(authentic) and I believe there's a V2 of that particular model. Someone has already mentioned the Berserker, I don't know anything about that particular one but any of the above are affordable, will give you a better overall vape than most of the stock coil clearos that are out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

And forgot to mention one I use daily for an excellent mtl vape, the Goblin Mini V3 with a 0.7 coil in the single coil deck. It's also available from Fastech.

Advertisement