Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coombe private secretaries

Options
  • 04-10-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

I've rang a few of the private drs' secretaries this morning only to get a voicemail saying they only take calls on this day or that day during the week. I'm interested in asking a few questions with a view to maybe going private. Has anyone else had trouble contacting the secretaries? Is it just a matter of waiting until the day they are available next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

bovril wrote: »
    I've rang a few of the private drs' secretaries this morning only to get a voicemail saying they only take calls on this day or that day during the week. I'm interested in asking a few questions with a view to maybe going private. Has anyone else had trouble contacting the secretaries? Is it just a matter of waiting until the day they are available next week?

Yes, they usually call back. My consultant is Dr Michael O'Connell and his secretary called me back a day or so after i left a message. She was so lovely and helpful it eased my decision with going with him in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yes if you leave a message they are good at getting back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Thanks. Neither secretary's message said to leave a message. It just said the hours they were available. I was seen by Dr o Connell once after my last baby and he was very nice. He seemed very thorough and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Leave a voicemail or call back on the days that they state, they get enquiries all the time and will be only too happy to answer any questions you have.

Had Dr. O'Connell for an emergency section when I was public and he was very nice (and decisive when no one else was)

Went private with Dr. Nadine Farah on my second, purely for her scanning expertise, and she's worth her weight in gold. She even visited me in hospital on her day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Bovril congrats!
    I had the same problem!
    I wanted nadine as she was my gyny. Anyway I eventually got through she couldn't see me until 13 weeks! So I ended up ringing rotunda private and got through straight away and got an appointment and scan at 8 weeks :)
    Nadine is very nice by the way and it turns out did an excellent job on my procedures (according rotunda!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I attended Nadine as well, thought she was amazing

Advertisement