If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Recommendation - OLED

Options
  • 04-10-2017 1:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I plan on getting an Xbox X when it's out and want a TV that makes the most of it.
    So am thinking that I should go OLED and HDR (From what i have read)
    Size wise I have a 50" TV at the moment, could go slightly bigger, but 49/50 would be plenty big.
    Budget wise is prob around 2k for the right set.

What have ye got?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I plan on getting an Xbox X when it's out and want a TV that makes the most of it.
    So am thinking that I should go OLED and HDR (From what i have read)
    Size wise I have a 50" TV at the moment, could go slightly bigger, but 49/50 would be plenty big.
    Budget wise is prob around 2k for the right set.

What have ye got?
    Hi Mik_Da_Man.

Thanks for the post and OLED is 100% the way to go.

Purchased a 55B6 myself before they finished up.

OLED starts at 55". Starting at the LG OLED55B7 priced at £1799 (Its just dropped from £1879.00)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202521-oled55b7v.aspx

They are a fantastic television and even more improved over the B6 range.

Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Milk - Long time - where have you been??

just to add to Kenny's mail - I completely agree that OLED is the way forward - the quality is completely stunning ( and I know from your history you like decent TV's!)

I'm just doing some Boardie specials that I can't publish on OLEDS ( Sony / LG / Pana) - drop me a line if you would like me to PM you Boardie pricing ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Milk - Long time - where have you been??

just to add to Kenny's mail - I completely agree that OLED is the way forward - the quality is completely stunning ( and I know from your history you like decent TV's!)

I'm just doing some Boardie specials that I can't publish on OLEDS ( Sony / LG / Pana) - drop me a line if you would like me to PM you Boardie pricing ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John - Yes, been a while!!
    All my gear has been working flawlessly, didn't need to upgrade anything :D
    I'll drop you a PM

Only issue may be that I would be looking at other 4k goodies, like a reciever...

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Lots of 4K AVR's in stock :D - There is no escape!

I've replied to you PM on the OLEDS..

Chat soon and really sorry to hear all your gear is going well and you don't need any upgrades :(

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

A quick question on this.
    The Samsung QLEDS are not OLED are they?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mik_da_man wrote: »
    A quick question on this.
    The Samsung QLEDS are not OLED are they?
    Hey Mik_Da_man.

No the QLED is a different tech using Samsung's Quantum Dot technology.

Both the QLED and the OLED are great televisions.

I myself went OLED and purchased the 55B6 and I'm over the moon with it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.