Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer process

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

mrhoppy wrote: »
    Like I said just there to ScouseMouse, the smaller class sizes feel very overbearing, as the lecturers seek you out when an assignment is late or you've been out and whatnot. It's a little on the uncomfortable side.

SU is still incredibly small. Nothing new since you graduated it seems.
    the SU is fine. It doesn't need much more. So you are kind of annoyed the classes are small enough that the lecturers want to help you as much as possible. What the hell is wrong with that???
    What is wrong with lecturers actually caring about their students?
    What is uncomfortable about the lecturers looking for assignments due?
    mrhoppy wrote: »
    I can safely say there isn't anything new since you graduated.
    You seem to have nothing good to say about the college at all. Were you ready to actually go to college?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrhoppy

the SU is fine. It doesn't need much more. So you are kind of annoyed the classes are small enough that the lecturers want to help you as much as possible. What the hell is wrong with that???
    What is wrong with lecturers actually caring about their students?
    What is uncomfortable about the lecturers looking for assignments due?

I understand the lecturers want to help as much as possible. I don't have a problem with that. I'm just pointing out that I feel like the smaller class sizes mean everyone properly knows you. In other words, like there's too much personal attention. Doesn't suit everyone. That's all I'm saying.
    You seem to have nothing good to say about the college at all. Were you ready to actually go to college?

Oh I do have good to say about the college. The majority of people are nice, the equipment is good, the library is decent and there's always something on in the foyer. Like, always. Not to mention you can get a large cuppa for €1.30 in the Coffee Dock, grand stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I think you are missing the point slightly. Their job is to teach you. Coax you, develop you, help you unlock your potential. So if and when you graduate, you can get out there and make the money.

I am a mature student on the same course and finding it hard. I figure you have to be faraday as you are not in my group. I asked did you look for local accomdation? Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭mrhoppy

I think you are missing the point slightly. Their job is to teach you. Coax you, develop you, help you unlock your potential. So if and when you graduate, you can get out there and make the money.

I am a mature student on the same course and finding it hard. I figure you have to be faraday as you are not in my group. I asked did you look for local accomdation? Did you?

I did indeed. Can't find any. Not on the grant, haven't got a job, been looking though. That's another issue - the lack of student accommodation. Not a major issue but one nonetheless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread coming across as an occasion to rant rather than look for information.

OP, discuss transferring with college authorities, though perhaps nowhere will fulfil your expectations.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement