Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Calling question

Options
  • 04-10-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've just got an eir pay as you go sim as I'd like to try out WiFi calling.
    Do I need to be on a specific PAYG Plan in order to get it, or should it just work (as long as I have it turned on on my phone)  regardless of what plan I have or have not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do I need to be on a specific PAYG Plan in order to get it, or should it just work (as long as I have it turned on on my phone)  regardless of what plan I have or have not?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you confirm what your phone you're using, please? Was the phone that you're using bought directly from us or Meteor?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you confirm what your phone you're using, please? Was the phone that you're using bought directly from us or Meteor?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

It wasn't bought from eir or meteor.

It's an unlocked LG V20 which has WiFi Calling capability

Hi,
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'm afraid this phone isn't eligible for WiFi calling with us as this make and model of phone is not issued by our network.

You can view the phones that are eligible for WiFi calling with us online here: https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay

- Adam

Hi,
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'm afraid this phone isn't eligible for WiFi calling with us as this make and model of phone is not issued by our network.

You can view the phones that are eligible for WiFi calling with us online here: https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay

- Adam
    I've since read somewhere that it's nothing to do with the model of the phone, but that there needs to be eir specific software put on the phone also - is that correct ?? (i.e. having the same phone make and model is not enough - it must also be bought from you)

Hi,
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

- Adam
    I've since read somewhere that it's nothing to do with the model of the phone, but that there needs to be eir specific software put on the phone also - is that correct ?? (i.e. having the same phone make and model is not enough - it must also be bought from you)
    It would require both factors. The make and model of the phone and the software need to be from ourselves. 

We would only support WiFi Calling on the following phones :

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Android – [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and S8 all support WiFi Calling.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]IOS – [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Apple IPhone 5C and above including IPhone SE all support WiFi Calling.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Adam [/font]

• Advertisement

Thanks !!

Thanks !!

Thanks !!
    No problem at all. 

Thanks