Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Ghost' caught on camera in Cork's oldest school.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Why is there a wet floor sign up at night when no one is around?

The ghost seems like an angry little fücker, too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Duff wrote: »
    Why is there a wet floor sign up at night when no one is around?

Ghost might slip and sue them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Head height CCTV camera with perfect night vision and sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Every bit of it easily faked.

If I was stuck in Cork for the rest of Eternity, I'd be pretty pissed too, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

And who happens to be checking cctv footage from a random night, at a random time such as 3.06am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Ghost might slip and sue them.

They say Jesus couldn't have been a cork man.
    Because he fell three times and never claimed compo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

since there is no such thing as ghosts i call fake. aliens on the other hand.
    joking aside. lets take a real look at the situation.
    camera placement odd.
    camera quality to good to be true.
    camera overlay text (date and time) to clean and in odd position.
    well lit area at nightime. to good to be true.

easy to fake
    1 door opening person behind door
    2. window located behind where locker moved. person outside
    3. open locker door with electronics
    4. floor mat. string?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

valoren wrote: »
    And who happens to be checking cctv footage from a random night, at a random time such as 3.06am?
    Someone ****ed with the wet floor sign, and schools hate that ****.

Why are ghosts always so quick to pointless vandalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Probably if the pupil came in and found his books strewn on the floor and wanted to know who broke into his locker??

I cant see any way of explaining that stuff away, but I wouldn’t be going into that building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I bet he even says boi at the end of his boo.

since there is no such thing as ghosts i call fake. aliens on the other hand.
    joking aside. lets take a real look at the situation.
    camera placement odd.
    camera quality to good to be true.
    camera overlay text (date and time) to clean and in odd position.
    well lit area at nightime. to good to be true.

easy to fake
    1 door opening person behind door
    2. window located behind where locker moved. person outside
    3. open locker door with electronics
    4. floor mat. string?

Why would they bother faking that though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

student film studies project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Why would they bother faking that though?
    get their own boards.ie thread - thats why!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Maybe they found the place in a bit of a state and checked the camera? I'm a massive skeptic but I do enjoy a good spook. I thought it was going to be one of those videos where the ghoul pops up at the end so I'm delighted with their little production!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Was waiting for the scream face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

So a class is doing a unit on the power of social media at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

If you watch the wet floor sign when it collapses, it looks as if it is suddenly pulled by something off camera back to the left. Both this and the locker door suddenly opening could be easily done using fishing line. The door at the back of the corridor just slams open / closed.

The ghost photos at Loftus Hall are more convincing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

well the school was built on Indian burial ground

So a class is doing a unit on the power of social media at the moment.

It's a good idea for that purpose.. they could go a step further and get in the local priest to bless the place and film him doing this. Irish priest exorcism, it would go viral for sure

• Advertisement

The ghost photos at Loftus Hall are more convincing.

At the risk of scaring myself where would one find these?

also most cctv setups have terrible frame rates. this was to good to be true.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

TY students.

*Telekinesis Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

A spool of thread and a scissors (pair of scissors?) and too much time on your hands.

Hollywood special effects departments won't be falling off their seats. (unless that's the scene they're working on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I was convinced it was a ghost until I saw it being logically explained on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Excellent transition year project. Well done in your attempt to get your school on the map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

well the school was built on Indian burial ground

No it was built by Indians on a burial ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Photoshop?

• Advertisement

At the risk of scaring myself where would one find these?

Here you go.. captured by a tourist a couple of years ago..

http://bit.ly/2hPb2KX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    A spool of thread and a scissors (pair of scissors?) and too much time on your hands.

Hollywood special effects departments won't be falling off their seats. (unless that's the scene they're working on)

Trailer for the conjuring 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

When I was a boy, I attended a school that stood by a cemetery. Mine was the last desk, the one closest to the graveyard. I spent years with my back to the darkness of it. I can remember how, as autumn descended and winter gathered its strength, I would feel the wind blow through the window frame and think that the chill of it was like the breath of the dead upon my neck.

One day in the bleakness of a January afternoon, when the light was already fading as the clock struck four, I glanced over my shoulder and saw a man staring back at me. Nobody else noticed him, only I. His skin was the grey of old ash long from the fire, and his eyes were as black as the ink in my well. His gums had receded from his teeth, giving him a lean, hungry aspect. His face was a mask of longing.

I was not frightened. It seems strange to say that, but it is the truth. I knew that he was dead, and the dead have no hold over us beyond whatever we ourselves surrender to them. His fingers touched the glass but left no trace, and then he was gone.

Years passed, but I never forgot him. I fell in love, and married. I became a father. I buried my parents. I grew old, and the face of the man at the school window became more familiar to me, and it seemed that I glimpsed him in every glass. Finally, I slept. I slept, and I did not awaken.

There is a school that stands by a cemetery. In winter, under cover of fading light, I walk to its windows and put my fingers to the glass.

And sometimes, the boy looks.

John Connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Unless there was criminal damage, nobody would waste resources, going through hours of footage to see an open locker. Most intelligible people would draw the most logical conclusion of someone spilling their locker contents in a rush or something or the janitor causing a mess or something - not ghosts, lol.

Also, as someone else mentioned. The head-height camera with light on is a dead give away. I know I'm taking this too serious and it's just a bit of fun but some people are very gullible.

I suppose this is a student project to make a "viral" video in the run up to Halloween. Bit of exposure for the school too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Wombatman wrote: »
    'We can't explain the footage, but we invite people to make up their own minds', Deerpark CBS Principal Kevin Barry said

OK then Kevin - Here is more proof that the current Irish education system is a absolute total f**king joke.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The innocence of babes.

If the camera was pointing halfway to the ceiling and the date was thirty years out it would be a lot more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Could it be the ghost of a dead pupil? That would explain why its so angry, imagine being kept back after school for all eternity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

branie2 wrote: »
    Photoshop?

Nah, windows movie maker.

But yeah, I'm calling shenanigans on this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Here you go.. captured by a tourist a couple of years ago..

http://bit.ly/2hPb2KX

Clearly see this is the girls reflection not a ghost.

I don't know if the OP video is real, but if you believe ghost hunters, they release a electrical charge when they the pass objects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

That school has probably the lowest amount of pupils of any in cork city for a reason!Plenty empty classrooms.There was some well dodgy teachers there down through the years,that shouldn't have been left anywhere near kids.Wouldnt surprise me at all if it was haunted,lots of evil there.

It would have been more believable had they used a real security camera system.
    low resolution
    less than 30 frames a sec
    camera position high
    date and time text in one line either at top or bottom of screen
    as pointed out date and time out of sync
    poor lighting

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    I was convinced it was a ghost until I saw it being logically explained on this thread.

The rocking of the locker would be hard to fake due to the weight of the object. You need to apply heavy pressure for it to rock back and forward like this! The door slamming and sign can be faked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

This is something i'd expect in Togher,Mahon,Knocknaheeny or Mayfield, i've been in Deerpark several times and never expected something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The rocking of the locker would be hard to fake due to the weight of the object. You need to apply heavy pressure for it to rock back and forward like this! The door slamming and sign can be faked.

Look what they put those lockers in front of.

theres a window behind the locker. a person outside pushing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I suppose you have to encounter somehing weird like this to believe it. Many don't and thats ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

theres a window behind the locker. a person outside pushing it

You have to visit the school to see if the windows opens at the bottom. The Window looks to have two sections. I have seen Windows like this you can only open up at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

A cute method to get us thinking about Halloween?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Halloween is coming I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

They say Jesus couldn't have been a cork man.
    Because he fell three times and never claimed compo.

Plus his mother was a Virgin and where would you find one of those in Cork!

• Advertisement
Advertisement