Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 repair shop

Options
  • 04-10-2017 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey lads whats the craic so i have a 500gb ps3 super slim that doesnt seem to be reading disks properly and its same with all my ps3 games , i presume its the laser lens or the drive that is the problem as i can still use my accounts on it fine , it worked fine last time i turned it on months ago as i have a ps4 pro keeping me distracted but turned it on yesterday to play shadow of the collossus and it wouldnt work. It makes the noise of loading it then cuts out. So i was wondering if theres any electronic places around kerry that does console repairs? i know the cost of a fix be will around the 75/95euro mark but thats no issue so if anyone knows someone around kerry region that would be smashing as i dont fancy driving up to cork city for a repair but if i have to then thats fine too as a back up option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I don't know about repairs but you can get a preowned 12GB PS3 in Gamestop for €69.99. All you would need to do is backup your current PS3 to a USB drive, transfer the hard disk over to the new one and restore the backup.

According to this, Gamestop Tralee have at least one available

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=43944&skutype=2

How to remove the hard disk

Backup and Restore Utility for PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Could you replace it yourself?
    Find your playstation model number and corresponding Blu Ray lens drive.
    http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html

Order and swap using helpful youtube guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I also have a a 500gb PS3 with no power, it's not the plug as I tried a different one. So anyone know if this is a big job to fix or is it possible to do it yourself, I can't really afford to pay much to be fixed.

Might not be the psu, you would have to test the power input at certain points on the motherboard with a multimeter. 240v will give you a serious kick if you do anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I actually have another faulty PS3 so maybe I could use the psu out of that one

• Advertisement

Jayisplay wrote: »
    I actually have another faulty PS3 so maybe I could use the psu out of that one

Possibly, are they the same model?

Advertisement