Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance query

Options
  • 04-10-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi

I'm insured with axa on a Peugeot 307 1.4.
    I'm 38 with 10 year no claims
    9 years full licence and paying 900.
    I've 3 months left and want a bigger car so asked for a quote on a civic 1.8 type i-vtec sport and was told 140 for the rest of the term, ie 3 months.
    I asked what a rough quote would be for a full year and got nowhere. She Just kept repeating 140 and said I'd get a quote in January. I asked for a ballpark figure but was wasting my time.

Does that mean ill be looking at roughly 1500 for a year or what?
    And based on the above what sort of price would I be looking at on a Ford focus 1.6 diesel?

Any help at all appreciated as I can't ring looking for quotes in work and also on 48 network so rules out 1850 numbers etc.

Just a ballpark figure so I can narrow down my search for a bigger car.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

€900 is a lot for a 1.4 litre with your clean record. Do you shop around at renewal time or just pay the number on the renewal notice?

You can shop around for quotes online, visit the insurance companies websites, put in the details of your profile and the car you're thinking of buying and see what they quote you. They will all ask when you want cover to start because they want to phone you a few weeks beforehand so either give them a false phone number or a home landline so they don't bother you at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

I had a motorbike accident so most places wouldn't quote me and all the no claims i have are as a named driver on the missus's car. It's a long story :-)

I guess start getting quotes online is what I'll have to do, pain in the hole but has to be done I suppose.

Cheers

Advertisement