Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to racing after lapsed A4 licence

Options
  • 04-10-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of giving racing another go next year. I didn't take out an A4 licence this year. As I understand it, I'll be given an A3 licence next year, unless I specifically request an A4 licence. I have 2 queries, for anyone who's in the know:

1. Are such requests currently being granted by CI?

2. Would it be madness to just go with the A3 licence (assuming that's what I get when I take out a full competition licence next month)? I was comfortable in the A4 bunch, although hopeless at the final sprint. If the same level of fitness applies, will I be spat out the back after 200 m in A3? Is it necessary to seriously up your training?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

If you never previously progressed beyond A4, then you are allowed to take out an A4 licence. You will progress to A3 naturally when you are ready through getting results.

Advertisement