Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong spell of the surname, fixed charge offence

Options
  • 04-10-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys!

I got a fixed charge offence for riding the bike without lights. But my surname is written with a mistake there. Also, the place where I live is without any contract and soon I'm going back to my country (before 56 days after getting the fine).

Could I avoid paying the charge if my surname spelled wrong on the paper I got?
    And would I have any serious problems if I don't pay it?
    It's just ridiculous to pay 80 euros for missing lights on the nocturnal empty streets, especially when you're a temporary student here.

The only thing which happened when I was stopped is that policeman wrote down the data of my GNIB (and did a mistake in the surname) and asked my address (where I don't have any contracts).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes they will hunt you down. Your details will be passed to Interpol and all your movements tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The only legal way to get out of this fine is if the Guard wasn't wearing his hat when he issued said fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭lissard

Kalbasha wrote: »
    It's just ridiculous to pay 80 euros for missing lights on the nocturnal empty streets, especially when you're a temporary student here.

Ridiculous carry on! You should be allowed to break the rules of the road with impunity, what was the guard thinking?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: You committed a crime and rightly received a penalty. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement