Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas nua queries

Options
  • 04-10-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I've been long term unemployed, 5 years nearly and I was assigned to turas nua last November. I've done courses with qualifications, a lot of work experience and interviews, day courses in self confidence and IT skills etc. I've never said no to trying to find a job.
    Recently, I guess, as it's nearing my year with turas nua and no job has been found my personal advisor has really been adamant I take jobs that don't really work. I'm a single parent, a blow in, with no family or friends around.
    She found me a trial for an 11 hour shift an hour and a half drive away. 4am to 3pm. As it meant if I got it I could still spend time with my daughter in the evenings I agreed. After the trial the man said he liked me and that if his boss okayed it, it would be part time.
    My personal advisor has since hounded me about another job, same kinda hours, but would bring my working days up to 6 out of 7. This wouldn't work as crèches don't open Saturdays and the idea of handing my child off to someone I found on Facebook(her suggestion) makes me feel sick.
    My question is am I obligated to take on a second job to get my hours to a full time rota? I know to her I'm a bonus she is yet to receive so I can't help but think she's hounding me cause of that.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement