Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete

Options
  • 04-10-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to dig out garden 35 ft long 15fr wide and concrete it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Cracking question for the gardening forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to dig out garden 35 ft long 15fr wide and concrete it

how deep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't know but why would you do something so horrific?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The question is too vague op to answer it fully. A lot of things will come into play. Eg. Location, access, ground type, purpose of the slab, where the spoil is going etc etc.
    You'll need approx 5 cubic M of concrete at 100mm deep, about 70 euro a M. You'll need a base of hardcore underneath. It's not huge money depending on exactly what you need.
    You'll need timber screeds to form the slab. 6 lengths of 4"X2". Less than E50. You'll need to hire a mini digger to dig out the area or hire a local digger man to do same. Maybe E120.
    You could get a local landscape gardener or small builder to do the whole job. I'd have no idea what the cost of that would be. Any concrete here we do ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You also need to consider what will happen to all the rainwater that lands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

looksee wrote: »
    You also need to consider what will happen to all the rainwater that lands on it.
    Or else the neighbours will...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

The thickness of hardcore and concrete will depend on what kind of traffic will go over it - just people on foot, or will it be used for parking cars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

I have a narrow gap 2" wide at the top and 4" wide at the bottom that I want to fill up. Its 8" deep overall, about 10feet long.

I know - unfortunately its the wrong shape for packing concrete in,

As I really cant have any leaks in this gap, I would like to vibrate it when I have it filled

any ideas on how to vibrate such a narrow gap ? to help with it sticking to the sides

any additives which would really make it stick to the sides ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭paulbok

aidanki wrote: »
    I have a narrow gap 2" wide at the top and 4" wide at the bottom that I want to fill up. Its 8" deep overall, about 10feet long.

As I really cant have any leaks in this gap, I would like to vibrate it when I have it filled

any ideas on how to vibrate such a narrow gap ? to help with it sticking to the sides

2" is 2 inches. Is this correct?
    If so you'd be better off with some self levelling compound that would need no vibration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

aidanki wrote: »

SDS drill just on hammer action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement